advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, May 17, 2005.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

If you had convinced yourself that you've pissed people off who meant something to you with your immaturity and bastardness, wanted to put things right but wasn't fully sure how to or if it is all just in your head, what would you do? Take them to one side and do your best to explain yourself, take the slight risk of really showing yourself up and even making things worse? Go public with an apology because you know that'll stop you from saying too much, it'll mean you won't have to repeat yourself over and over as you talk to the specific people, it'll get it over and done with in one go and then you can go and hide for a bit? Try to be subtle around then and make mild references? Or try to pretend everything is rosy?

That last one is an option, but not one I'd ever take. And public isn't my thing, although it's the easiest thing to do in some ways.

2. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

Talk to them individually, apologise with a brief explanation. Be sincere and honest and leave it at that - let them make up their minds whether they want to be your friend in their own time.

Make sure you do the same to all of them - as they will probably talk to each other anyways and you don't want to leave anyone out.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Public apologies can come off as self-serving. You'd do better to talk privately. :thumbup: I think you're capable of explaining yourself without making things worse. Don't sweat that aspect of it. :D Go for it!

4. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Indeed. I'm not even proud that I've made this post.

You don't know what I have to say.

5. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    First things first...I KNOW your not a self serving basterd Ferny and you well and truly know that too.

Weve all done things we're not proud of...god knows I have...but im a strong believer in backing myself up, if I make a mistake, but at the time I felt it was valid, I will apologise, but I will ALSO back myself up, and realise that it was me who said it, and I felt strongly about it to make myself feel a fool.

Talk to them individually, know that your are Ferny and that you had a reason, and be strong and confident...but thats just my opinion mate...

6. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Our little Arty is growing up. Although I don't agree with that first line (and know many who disagree with you as well) that is probably one of the most useful bits of advice I've seen to hand out.