Advice

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by DZL, Sep 11, 2007.

1. DZL

DZL TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think i'll be able to buy a Minolta X370 camera from a flea market store, with two lenses that I saw and such...price = $100. Is this camera worth it? I'm guessing yes, but I just want to know what anyone else thinks

2. Steph

Steph No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would say it depends on the lenses. Do you know what they are? Be aware that zooms from this era were not as good as the ones built today.

3. DZL

DZL TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i don't know what they are offhand, didn't look, just saw it in the window.

but one is normal sized, one is really long with lots of numbers and lines...i'd say 7 or 8 inches long

4. malkav41

malkav41 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'd be sure to ask the store employee, that if you had any problems with the camera working properly (let's say for example the shutter curtain lags) what their policy is on returns of defective equipment. I do realize that it is a flea market store, but shutter curtain lag is not something that you can see without having shot a roll of film, and had it developed.

I have an X7-A which is just like the X-370 except it's all black. And I've had shutter curtain problems. I couldn't return it, but maybe you could get lucky.

I'm not sure this is any help, but you have to be on your toes with older cameras.