aerial photography

rallysman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A co-worker of mine is a pilot and has a small plane. He was talking about flying when I jokingly said he should take me up to do some photography. He was actually excited because he has new glass in the plane and he asked when I want to do it.

Well, now that I have the opportunity what do I look for? What equipment should I have ready? Is there a certain technique? Any tips or suggestions are welcome. We'll be flying over central Indiana.

I have a Nikon D50, D90, and my lenses are: 28-200 nikon, 17-50/2.8 promaster, 28-105/2.8 tamron, and a 200-400 promaster.

Thanks in advance.

what's the objective..to take obliques of the ground below, shoot air/ground to infinity, document the pilot/aviation aspect?
don't forget your sunglasses.

what's the objective..to take obliques of the ground below, shoot air/ground to infinity, document the pilot/aviation aspect?
don't forget your sunglasses.

A little bit of everything really. I've only been in the air one time and It was on a 747...so I'd like to make it personal plus document some familiar landmarks. Once specific thing I'd like to shoot is where I work since I just helped with an 80,000sq ft addition.

Mapping the structure of a couple of lakes could come in handy too:)

Thanks for your help! It's appreciated.

Most reactions

Back