'Aesthetic Snapshot' book...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Corry, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    I know, weird thing to ask about on a forum like this. But...my Gramma called me the other day and asked if I had any books or anything on photography, because she wanted to make her pictures look better. I told her I did...and I also bought a little guide book for her when I went to the mall yesterday. But, here's the thing...she just has a point and shoot film camera...she is not interested in upgrading her camera, she just wants to take better pictures with her point and shoot (very basic camera). So...I was pretty sure I had seen a book or website before that had tips and things on taking more 'aesthetic snapshots'.....If anyone knows anything that sounds like that...even a website (I can print it out for her)....I would really appreciate it. She absolutely LOVES taking pictures, especially of her flowers and fall foliage, and family. Thanks for any help you can give me!
  2. Youngun

Youngun New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    'The Complete Guide to Taking Great Photographs' is one that I have. It's pretty short with lots of color pictures. It does go into stuff that you need an SLR for, but it has some good content on composition and viewpoints and such. (oh it's by John Freeman). As for as just a tip, better film and better developing goes a long way.
  3. craig

craig New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I think you should give her some pointers. Go on a photo adventure. Could be she just needs a little a direction.
  4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    That's actually a good idea...I did give her some pointers today when I visited her, but not on a photo adventure... she was a bit tired today anyway.

Thanks for the book title youngun!