AF Lens Compatibility

I might be a little late, but my copy of the 35-70 loses a TON of contrast in bright scenes. For example, shooting a portrait at sunset with the sun at my/subject's side. It is heavy, for sure. I use my 50mm 1.8 or 55 1.2 most of the time, although that may be a little long on your D90. I also have a 24mm 2.8 prime. It can be a bit soft in the corners and has some distortion, but it's still pretty good. Not to mention the 50+24 combo is MUCH lighter than the 35-70 alone. Might be something to consider, and it probably won't be attached to a D70!

Lol nope, on rotation I could feel a slight catch at the 30mm mark and could see slightly inside the lens when I tilted it down on my D90 like a hairline crack and Im pretty sure your not supposed to see the internal cpu contacts. This was the 24 to 70mm Sigma, boy is that thing heavy on a camera lol. I can't imagine that and a fricking flash. The guy with the 35 to 70 never showed. Oh well. My husband said he would just buy me a new one for early christmas present. I think I am going to go rent one from thecamerastore in Calgary and see how I like it. Not sure if I should be going for the 24 to 70 or 700 to 200 at this point. Hubby had to stop at the pawn shop before we left town to see what speakers they have. Don't ask thats his thing. They had a 20mm Nikon for 380 but I don't think I need that either lol. So all in all we drove for supper 1.5 hours away.

Oh and the D70 yuck :confused: sorry to any D70 owners. I much prefer the controls and screen on my d90.

This was the 24 to 70mm Sigma, boy is that thing heavy on a camera lol.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Try the Nikkor 80-200 F/2.8D ED IF with your D90, grip, two batteries, SB-600, fong dome diffuser, and a 15lb+ camera sling around your shoulder. For four hours, in the 100+ degree heat. That was my summer. :lmao:

Im sure someone that owns some of the super telephoto primes or sigma 500mm superzooms can attest even further of this. I was so surprised to feel the weight of the 80-200 when thats all I had was my 28-80 3.3-5.6. :lol:

:mrgreen:
Mark

Most reactions

Back