AF seems off all the time

So even the 5D mk1 doesnt have this calibration either?

It dosn't need it, mine are always sharp when i shoot with it, which lens the Stigma ?
:addpics:

Just because your lenses haven't needed it, doesn't mean that its not needed.

Not every lens focuses perfectly, and that's why they are adding this feature.

Derrel, How could you even suggest using such a tool. The shock one could get from the vibration of the impact could be somewhat damaging to the user. At least suggest a hammer with some shock absorption.
OP.. I hope you get problem solved someway els

So even the 5D mk1 doesnt have this calibration either?

It dosn't need it, mine are always sharp when i shoot with it, which lens the Stigma ?
:addpics:

Just because your lenses haven't needed it, doesn't mean that its not needed.

Not every lens focuses perfectly, and that's why they are adding this feature.

All mine do, never had to send them away or mess with them on any of my 1D's, 5D

All mine do, never had to send them away or mess with them on any of my 1D's, 5D

Your missing the point lol.

Even if only 1 out of 1,000 (or 10,000 for that matter) lenses didn't focus correctly it is still useful.

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Its like a condom lol.

Your missing the point lol.

Even if only 1 out of 1,000 (or 10,000 for that matter) lenses didn't focus correctly it is still useful.

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Its like a condom lol.

I have noticed lots of people on here getting new lenses and saying they are back focusing and they havn't been out in the real world they have just taken a shot of one of those charts, most of the time it is user error

I have noticed lots of people on here getting new lenses and saying they are back focusing and they havn't been out in the real world they have just taken a shot of one of those charts, most of the time it is user error

You may be right that some people think they have it when they dont.

Its still a food feature, especially for pros who do know when its needed.

I don't think this is the case for Schwetty though. He said that he was using live view, and he was able to make it sharper by tweaking manual focus after the camera had autofocused. This leads me to believe that something is wrong with the lens or body, or the lens needs to be adjusted for a focus issue.

Last edited:
I will test it on a dollar bill tonight and let you know/show you the results. I am hoping it is only the lens. Ill try it on my sigma at around 50mm, my 50mm prime, and my kit lens. I will use my bogen tripod and wireless shutter.

I will test it on a dollar bill tonight and let you know/show you the results. I am hoping it is only the lens. Ill try it on my sigma at around 50mm, my 50mm prime, and my kit lens. I will use my bogen tripod and wireless shutter.

...with mirror lockup.;)

Switch to manual focus lenses & then you can only blame yourself.

Pulling your leg - just a little.

I shoot manual focus lenses 90% of the time.

you think i should? It is only 50 mm with pretty fast shutter :p

The mirror isnt locked already with live view? I thought it is?

...with mirror lockup.;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back