Affinity Photo

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking at alternates to Adobe CC which Ive used for a while now, the subscription model seems cheap at first but then how many mechanics hire in there sockets and spanners.

Was going to start an Affinity photo trial but it seems more like an flashy/Apple stamped, version of the Nikon free software is it ? and what do you use instead of LR.

Update.. Got the trial, 10 days bit mean but looks a nice tool, similar to PS only just a bit confusing as to what does what, but it could be just that Im a bit of a luddite. Tutorial videos are a not in a step 1 ,2,3 format.

Last edited:
I tried the trial of ACDsee 8 Ultimate last year. I liked the fact that you can import your LR Catalogue, with keywords. This worked pretty well. It became quite slow though, although they stated that the 64bit version should be faster than LR. I see they have a newer version 9 out, so I might give that a go sometime in the winter when I have to spend more time indoors.

And here are the system requirements for ACDsee
Software
  • Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1 & Windows® 10 (64-bit editions only)
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 9+
  • Microsoft® DirectX® 10 or higher
  • Windows Media® Player 9.0
Doesn't work with OS X.

They do have this ACD Systems - Photo Editing Management Software

As for Affinity, I have been using since it came out. It is as close to a photoshop replacement as I have found. The rendering engines are faster than Photoshop. Affinity does everything I need it to do.

And here are the system requirements for ACDsee
Software
  • Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1 & Windows® 10 (64-bit editions only)
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 9+
  • Microsoft® DirectX® 10 or higher
  • Windows Media® Player 9.0
Doesn't work with OS X.

They do have this ACD Systems - Photo Editing Management Software

As for Affinity, I have been using since it came out. It is as close to a photoshop replacement as I have found. The rendering engines are faster than Photoshop. Affinity does everything I need it to do.

The Affinity tutorial videos don't seem to be in a sequenced order and Im a bit lost with some tasks

Most reactions

Back