Affordable/low-priced tripods?

Blue Cheese

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm quite clueless when it comes to things like this, so I'd really appreciate any recommendations you folks could make for me.

I'm looking to purchase a very simple tripod. My main focus is the price; I'm hurting for money at the moment, so I can't be buying Manfrotto or anything like I've seen people recommend here. I'm just looking for the essential bare-bones. It won't be used outdoors, and won't be carried around or transported. Strictly something to set up shots in my living room.

The camera I'll be using is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ series, if that's important.

Again, I know someone just registering and immediately asking for help might not sit quite right, but I'd be very happy to get some suggestions from people who are obviously better-educated about this than I am.

You don't say where you are located. US? If using just a bridge or superzoom camera, the $30 tripod available at Walmart works perfectly fine. I love mine with my Fuji S5700 superzoom. Using a heavy dSLR and lens combo would be different, but it's a very nice tripod for $30 for use with a superzoom.

I use one of the cheapest ones out there, it was bought at wal-mart for under $20 haha. no problem what so ever holing my heavy film camera and a large zoom lens. VERY well built and very stable. I want a manfrotto but I too dont have the money. I will get the exact name when I get home from classes today

I have an ebay carbon fiber tripod I bought my wife to use. About 1/2 the cost of my Carbon One. I was absolutely suprised, it was better than I thought it would be. I wouldn't think twice about putting anything I have on it. I then ordered an aluminum one from the same place, and agian a very decent tripod. Now have 2 brand names and 2 clones. Unless I am going for a hike where I think there is a possibility of loosing or breaking a tripod. I really don't pay attention to which ones I grab. But the cheap ones get the nod if I am doing something risky.

I've had a Slik U8000 for about 15 years, it's a decent tripod for the money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back