Affordable tripod

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Kofman13, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Kofman13

Kofman13 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm looking for an affordable tripod that has a quick release plate and can flip into portrait orientation. And is tall. Like 5-6 feet. Any suggestions?

2. benlonghair

benlonghair TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Slik-Professional-Tripod-M-T-Alloy/dp/B000ISFJCS/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276447823&sr=8-25"]this one or one pretty similar[/ame]. (I'm not 100% sure because I got it as a gift and never looked it up.)

Basically it's aluminum legs with a three way pan head and this kinda cool machined aluminum quick release. I'm sure it cost less than $150. It holds my D60 and my 70-300 with plenty of strength left over.

And it's plenty tall. I'm 5'9" and my viewfinder is eye level with the column all the way down.

3. Forest Power Ranger

Forest Power Ranger TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Define "affordable".

I use an Induro AP2 used from B&H. It's not exactly "used" it's just discontinued. (don't quote me on that) :/

It's strong and tall. And if you later feel like it you can switch the head to a ball head.
    Price: $120.
    Used Induro | AP2 Adventure AP-Series Tripod Kit With | 470-032

Hope this helps!

4. dak1b

dak1b TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I bought this tripod for $45. its a great affordable tripod for the money!!! its very sturdy..stands up to 62in and is ballhead! a well made tripod for the money! check it out! [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dolica-AX620B100-62-Inch-Proline-Tripod/dp/B001D60LG8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276449608&sr=8-9]Amazon.com: Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head: Electronics[/ame]