Not open for further replies.

wildpix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildpix.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
very simple, whilst surrounded by a bunch of nutters on horseback, all whipping anything that moves, reach down from your horse and while avoiding the other 10 horses attempting to occupy the same space as yours, pull a 40kg headless (dead) calf off the floor and then, preventing anyone else pulling it from your grasp, race 300m to a flag, turn round and come back and deposit the dead calf in a circle, while 50 other riders are attempting to block you. A goal usually wins you $10.

wildpix.net

Really interesting to see some pics from a country I know so little about. Nice shots as well :)

Next time, feel free to enclose a couple of the pics directly in the thread - not everyone will follow the link to your homepage.

Very nice! I love middle eastern culture.

Really? Beating a headless calf around a field for sport? That's disgusting. They are heathens.. They live like it's the 16th century.

I guess taking the skin off and making a ball out of it would be out of the question... Even that sounds kind of disgusting when I say it that way..

That is an interesting picture from a good vantage point.

Last edited:
Really? Beating a headless calf around a field for sport? That's disgusting. They are heathens.. They live like it's the 16th century.

Yep. Love it. I spent a few years in Iraq, learned arabic (to an extent) and enjoyed talking to the locals. That might be a senseless sport, but it's still amusing to some people.

Yep. Love it. I spent a few years in Iraq, learned arabic (to an extent) and enjoyed talking to the locals. That might be a senseless sport, but it's still amusing to some people.

It's disgusting to the vast majority.. Pretty much any man not wearing a dress and any woman who has rights....

Interesting. I think the first time I heard of this sport was in Rambo III, lol.

That's disgusting. They are heathens.. They live like it's the 16th century.

Unfortunately, not all countries were created equally. With Afghanistan being one of the poorer ones, "progress" there is probably a little difficult.

stsinner said:
It's disgusting to the vast majority.. Pretty much any man not wearing a dress and any woman who has rights....

Conducted a recent survey, have you? I don't find this disgusting at all, and from the reactions I've seen in the other threads of wildpix's, most of those who've commented don't either. You may find it gross, and I'm sure others do too, but I'm also sure about the same amount find it interesting that a group has held onto part of their culture for so long. And, rather than write the group off as heathens, some may try to educate themselves as to why the sport is still played.

And, I don't think I'll touch that last bit of the quote...

... and some people think american hunting is barbaric, and using guns is immoral.... leave your poor opinions of other countries out of this forum.

Sorry im going to have to lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back