Africa Mission trip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those kids really do look happy to have their pictures taken. It must be so nice to see those smiles.
I think you being there is making a big difference in thier lives.

I'd love to hear what kind of work you are doing in Africa with those kids. When you get a sufficient internet connection, that is. :wink:

Those kids really do look happy to have their pictures taken. It must be so nice to see those smiles.
I think you being there is making a big difference in thier lives.

I'd love to hear what kind of work you are doing in Africa with those kids. When you get a sufficient internet connection, that is. :wink:

PM me and Id be glad to give you the details... THANK YOU

You would also be upset if both your parents died of aids and you had nothing to eat, and you slept on the mud ground of your mud hut in the only pair of clothes you have. BTW nobody in any of these photos are crying, and none of them even have the luxury of have PJs thats the only clothes they have. These kids are so happy just to have us here. They beg and beg me to take photos of them. Why don't you tell Steve McCurry what you just said, cuz I'm sure he doesn't have releases for all his subjects, and if you don't know who Steve McCurry your no photographer yourself.

They know that you post their pictures on a public internet forum?

a5i736 - you are a little *****, im going to just assume your parents are rich per the pretty smile and your godlike attitude towards others

too bad there is no god

a5i736 - you are a little *****, im going to just assume your parents are rich per the pretty smile and your godlike attitude towards others

too bad there is no god

Watch your language, please!

Sweet_a, this is not the way we speak about or to other members on these forums. You are officially being warned and you will be watched more closely in the future.

too bad there is no god

Hey listen man, you don't have to have the same beliefs as me thats okay. If you were here you'd be moved too. Everything I said in that post was 100% true, it's real bad here. Please don't assume anything, because you don't know my financial background and I don't care to tell you because I'm not like that. I'm glad Im here serving our Lord and my savior. I went into a mans mud hut where he was practically dead a month ago from aids, and now that he's able to sit up the only thing he clings to is the word of god, I walked into his house and he had more faith than anyone I have ever met. I went into other aids victims homes in that same slum (one of the largest in Kenya) and they were doing far worse. But you'll never know until you step out and come here yourself.

Right, a5i, you gave him your reply ... ok.

But if I see this thread deteriorate into a discussion/debate on religion, it will disappear, photos and all. There are very clear guidelines for these forums that need to be followed by each and every one of our members. Bad mouthing and discussing religion are part of the express no-nos.

I have been lurking around TPF for a while. Have not become a memeber becuase I have had nothing to say. This thread has motivated me.

First I think the photos are GREAT.

However that being said I think your a cancer to this world. Spreading your beliefs to other countries with hundreds of years of their own history and belief is gross. And bringing goods and other valuable things in exchange is Morally wrong. If you want to help thats great. But you dont need to attach strings to your help.

These are, almost without exception, stunning shots! Very moving.

And it's great that you're out there making a difference to these people. Keep it up!

I dont agree with what you are saying Los Angeles, looking at the pictures and talking to mitch, there what they are doing isin't ruining hundreds of years of belief, they are sharing it with everyone and helping them. That man with the tribal robes on may be talking on a cell phone but he is also someone that all those kids look up to cause they want to be the tribal warrior. growing up around alaska natives some people are glad that the white man came over because it gave them something to look foreward to and gave them jobs, but then there are those doubters like yourself.

good job on the pictures and what your doin man.

Can't wait to see some more once you get home and have a chance to go through the hundreds you have taken.

Are you planning to print them and send back copies? Earlier this year I went to Sierra Leone under an organization primarily to act as the photographer and I can't recall how many times people would pose for pictures, look at the back of the camera, laugh with delight and run away to tell their friends - then the lady who lives there would just say "it is a shame. They love having their photos taken but with digital, rarely ever see a hard copy of it." It was a long process (300 images later :lol:), but 6 months after getting back I had each printed once for the schools we visited as well as two or three additional for the main subject/s in the image. Just a few weeks ago I heard back from the lady simply saying, "You don't know how appreciative they are. Several tears were shed." So if you have the time, perhaps talk to your local lab and see if they can cut you a deal :)

I dont agree with what you are saying Los Angeles, looking at the pictures and talking to mitch, there what they are doing isin't ruining hundreds of years of belief, they are sharing it with everyone and helping them. That man with the tribal robes on may be talking on a cell phone but he is also someone that all those kids look up to cause they want to be the tribal warrior. growing up around alaska natives some people are glad that the white man came over because it gave them something to look foreward to and gave them jobs, but then there are those doubters like yourself.

You mention they are sharing "it". What is it? There religion. You can call it sharing but thats not what it is. Its taking advantage.

I'm all for help. If the help came with out religous strings attached I would support it. At the risk of sounding overly philisophical, there is to much "my" religion is for everyone in this world. As long as its not enfringing on human rights, we should respect other peoples religous beliefs and not push another belief on them. Its not moral to do such a thing. And it causes wars on cost people lives.

One of those kids does not look like he wants his picture taken.
Otherwise, I really like these photos.

These are, almost without exception, stunning shots! Very moving.

And it's great that you're out there making a difference to these people. Keep it up!
Thank you so much, all the support helps! :)

Tim I love you man, Thanks for the support.

Can't wait to see some more once you get home and have a chance to go through the hundreds you have taken.

Are you planning to print them and send back copies? Earlier this year I went to Sierra Leone under an organization primarily to act as the photographer and I can't recall how many times people would pose for pictures, look at the back of the camera, laugh with delight and run away to tell their friends - then the lady who lives there would just say "it is a shame. They love having their photos taken but with digital, rarely ever see a hard copy of it." It was a long process (300 images later :lol:), but 6 months after getting back I had each printed once for the schools we visited as well as two or three additional for the main subject/s in the image. Just a few weeks ago I heard back from the lady simply saying, "You don't know how appreciative they are. Several tears were shed." So if you have the time, perhaps talk to your local lab and see if they can cut you a deal :)
I know what its like everyone comes up to me and asks me to take their pictures, they love it, and It's great bringing them joy. I think Im going to take your suggestion and send them their photos :)
You mention they are sharing "it". What is it? There religion. You can call it sharing but thats not what it is. Its taking advantage.

I'm all for help. If the help came with out religous strings attached I would support it. At the risk of sounding overly philisophical, there is to much "my" religion is for everyone in this world. As long as its not enfringing on human rights, we should respect other peoples religous beliefs and not push another belief on them. Its not moral to do such a thing. And it causes wars on cost people lives.
I'm ignoring you and your ignorance. :er:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back