African fish eagle

perylousdemon

TPF owns my soul...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pictures yesterday at the National Aviary in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but I felt that she deserved her own thread. This gorgeous girl was just sunning herself on a branch right next to the window, pretty as you please. I took about fifteen shots of her (unfortunately, I had no film left by this point, so they were all digital); these are the five that I liked the best. C&C greatly appreciated. Enjoy! :)

1)
413838927_b3d81529e5_o.jpg

2)
413838931_cbed9479ef_o.jpg

3)
413838937_98a94e8007_o.jpg

4) Close crop to emphasize that razor-sharp beak.
413838940_65c4320bee_o.jpg

5) Slight noise reduction using Neat Image (God, I'm already in love with that program :lol: ).
413846885_b456b5c1ce_o.jpg

How could you thus crawl almost right into her?
The last two are SOOOO close-up! :shock: Wow! The last one is quite impressive, close as you are taking us up to this magnificent bird!

flaming hell they are gorgeous

She was less than a foot from the glass, and I do have a 3x optical zoom on my digital camera, crappy as it is. :lol: Thank you for the feedback. :)

:lol: Thanks! I enjoyed photographing her. She wasn't at all inclined to move from that sunny spot. :)

Wow, 'extreme closeup'....guess that last pic is the last sight the fish sees before being scooped up.

Guess so. :lol: Thanks!

I love your avatar, by the way. That movie was so adorable.

(
whatever.gif
Ignore him... I need all the encouragement I can get. He's just jealous that there isn't an otter movie out. Penguins rule...they absolutely stole the show in Madagascar too)

:lmao: They did, but I must say that I enjoyed Happy Feet much more.

Wow. You say she was sunning herself by the window. This implies you were shooting through glass. I can't believe there are no reflections and no dirt in the way. Well done.

Thank you. I literally had to put my camera right against the glass to avoid that, and even then I had shots with dirt, fingerprints, and whatnot in them. I finally found a nice clean spot on the glass and went from there. :)

Most reactions

Back