After 3 years of drooling

steve817

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I finally got a DSLR (EOS 10D) !!!! I have only taken a few shots with it., but I can tell I'm going to love it. Maybe now I can post some more pictures than I have been.

Anyone who owns one that may have any tips to share please please do so.

Steve

Congrats!

Advice? Resist the urge to indescriminately blast everything in sight. The immediate feedback is incredible, but you still have to plan your shots or you'll get junk.

You'll just have more of it quicker. ;)

Congratulations and welcome to the club! :D

photobug said:
but you still have to plan your shots or you'll get junk.
True. 10D is not a magic wand.

All the best and awaiting the results!

Welcome to the club :twisted: I love the 10D. Beware of the LCD screen though, it looks right but it's really underexposed when you get it on the computer. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your fine taste in cameras!
So what lenses and accessories do you have/want for it?

AlisonS said:
Welcome to the club :twisted: I love the 10D. Beware of the LCD screen though, it looks right but it's really underexposed when you get it on the computer. Enjoy!

Strange you say that, mines fairly close, probably varies from camera to camera.

AlisonS said:

I agree the LCD is useless, I can’t tell if anything is in focus or properly exposed, IMO it is way to small and a major design failure

mrsid99 said:
Congratulations on your fine taste in cameras!
So what lenses and accessories do you have/want for it?

I already had an Elan 7E. So I have lots of stuff. 28-90 lens 75-300mm, 50mm f/1.8, 420EX flash. Tons of un-used filters and so on.

Congrats on the camera, its the one I got my eye on as well. :0)

I dont suppose youd be willing to post some pictures to show the noise at different iso's?

I tried out the 300d at blacks photography and took 2 pictures, one at iso 100 and one at iso 1600 and the 1600 had bad noise, so I was wondering what the 10d looks like at 100iso, 1600iso and 3200iso *pretty sure it goes up to 3200*. Just croped down to 800Xwhatever, not resized?

I hear the camera is pretty heavy as well, how do you like the weight so far?

GerryDavid said:
I tried out the 300d at blacks photography and took 2 pictures, one at iso 100 and one at iso 1600 and the 1600 had bad noise, so I was wondering what the 10d looks like at 100iso, 1600iso and 3200iso *pretty sure it goes up to 3200*. Just croped down to 800Xwhatever, not resized?

I hear the camera is pretty heavy as well, how do you like the weight so far?

The weight isn't much of an issue to me. As far as the crops you were asking for I will when I get a chance. Till then, check this out http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos10d/page18.asp

AlisonS said:

That's why I only use the lcd to display the histogram, and if I need to zoom in and check for sharpness.

Digital Matt said:
AlisonS said:

That's why I only use the lcd to display the histogram, and if I need to zoom in and check for sharpness.

That's exactly what I was going to say. :D :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back