After market battery for OM-D EM10 m2?

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Cameras' started by WhaleDaughter, Jun 22, 2017.

1. WhaleDaughter

WhaleDaughter No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've only spent hundreds on my new camera (so far) but even that was a significant outlay for my budget. I'll spring for the oem battery. I think I have enough cash back on my Discover card to cover it.

2. SCraig

SCraig Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've had two 3rd-party batteries. One of them was advertised as having a higher capacity than OEM when in reality it was far less. The second one wouldn't even go into the camera so I have no idea whether it would work or not. In my book that is a 100% failure rate for me on 3rd-party batteries so I will not use them. Others can do as they choose, but my cameras will never see another 3rd-party battery while I own them.

3. beagle100

beagle100 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I've always bought non-OEM batteries, not quite the capacity of the official battery but they are a fraction of the price. And many of the non-OEM batteries include a USB charger
    www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

4. Tallgrass1

Tallgrass1 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've had pretty good luck with Wasabi batteries in my Panasonic. Not quite the same life of the oem battery, but for ~$15 vs $50+...I can go through several WAsabi for the price of one Panasonic.

5. DennisH

DennisH TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I just bought my m10mkII AND bought a Wasabi battery as a back up. Since the OEM is new it is a good comparison. After a month I find that the Wasabi is equal to or slightly better than the OEM. I had the same experience when using them in my pair of E-510s. No problem fitting the camera, charging or power. I won't hesitate in continuing to use Wasabi batteries in my equipment.