After rain comes..

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by HollandHusker, Aug 15, 2006.

1. HollandHusker

HollandHusker TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    :thumbup: Took these pictures a few days ago when we got a heavy rain. Soon after the sun started to come out and that was the moment I went out into my yard and shot some. Hope you like 'm:):flower:

I edited this thread with some more pictures, but I had to be fast because now it's raining again. Hope you like these as well...

This bad boy caught my eye.

[​IMG]

Always nice to see those drops on the flower ain't it?
    [​IMG]

The sun came out for a few minutes but our weather is going nuts. One moment it'll be all clear and the other will be black as night. This flower came out nicely in the sun. I like his colour a lot.
    [​IMG]

Here's the same flower only with the leaf in focus, after the clouds coverd up the sun again to burst out in rain a few seconds later.

[​IMG]

Hope you can't see me in the reflection :)

[​IMG]

And yes, the pride of my backyard. I can't stop loving this flower, I think it looks great after a shower and in the sun.

[​IMG]

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    the first one is very nice! nice colours and drops of water on the flowers.

3. HollandHusker

HollandHusker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, I'll be back with my flowers tonight, it rained like crazy again and I think the sun in coming out in a few minutes. I'll be back :D

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The sun is out here for a brief moment right now, but there is next to nothing in our garden that is worth a photo, unfortunately it is mostly just green with very little flowers (none right now), so unfortunately no "Pride of the Garden" either, although I really like those flowers (Passionsblume they are called in German).

My favourite of the series here is the second, although I don't generally like the use of on-camera flash for flower pics, but here it works really well.

5. HollandHusker

HollandHusker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To bad your garden doesn't have a lot of flowers, it's the easiest way for me to make some real nice pictures. Especially when the butterflies are out, I love it! Yeah, you are right about the name, passiebloem is how the Dutch call it.
    The on camera flash in the second picture did came out pretty good, I don't have anything else to use anyway. If you know what I mean. I'm messing around with a Sony DSC-W15 handheld digital camera (5megapx). It's tough but it's the way to start I guess. I'm working my bud off to earn some money for a new camera, and decided the camera would be more important than my drivers licence... So I'm half way now, maybe someone has a old camera that works well, I could buy. That would be great:D But well, I'm going to post some new pictures now, in a new thread, I can't stop shooting today:D
    Thanks for your comment by the way:)

6. HollandHusker

HollandHusker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    bump

7. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

I am really liking #2! Great shot!

8. HollandHusker

HollandHusker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, and I will thank my neighbor for having such nice flowers in his garden ;)