after some practice - CC please!

and 3,4, and 11 are my favorites.

I personally feel only #3 is photographer close, the others look like they came from just a person taking pictures....

I am using PaintShop Pro.

And I think the "outof focus" you are referring to is due uploading, etc. We printed some out and they are very focused. These came from the CD I burned of the images for the customer, she then uploaded them to her computer, emailed them to me, I uploaded to photobucket (because I'm at work right now and not at home to upload straight from the originals)

I find GIMP has problems with NEF RAW files. The first one I open opens fine. Then after that they all open and their size is 200x160 so I dunno what it's doing, or what I'm doing wrong. I know you can edit them with PS but I don't know how and I've done some research on Adobe's site with no luck.

and 3,4, and 11 are my favorites.

I personally feel only #3 is photographer close, the others look like they came from just a person taking pictures....

Can you be a little more specific? What about them makes them look like some random person snapping photos? What should I do differently next time?

Like I said this girl loved them and wants to pay me to take pictures of her and her daughter.... if I'm taking someone's money, I want to make sure I do everything I can to make them turn out great. So if you can pinpoint some specifics I did wrong, I would really appreciate it! Always willing to improve!!

Just a quick beeze through because you posted way to many images to say much more than the two common things that really jumped out at me:

Racoon eyes, flat light.

Both are caused by the same thing, no fill or flash.

Again, sorry for the quantity. I just couldn't pick which ones to post and which to leave out. The ones I liked the best may have actually been the worst or vice versa. I suppose I could have just broken them up and posted half now, half later?

I find GIMP has problems with NEF RAW files. The first one I open opens fine. Then after that they all open and their size is 200x160 so I dunno what it's doing, or what I'm doing wrong. I know you can edit them with PS but I don't know how and I've done some research on Adobe's site with no luck.

You need to get the Raw image converter for PS. You can get it on Adobes site. If you cant find it it might be easier to hit up google and type in Abobe Raw image converter. Either the first one or two that pops up should take you directly to Adobes page.

Most reactions

Back