Agent?

Fiendish Astronaut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not a professional photographer but due to close connections with a particular well known British band I have many exclusive photographs of them both live and recording. I was thinking that perhaps an agent would help me make the most of these commercially and also help me to get more work and perhaps help me market my other work.

Does it work like this? Will agents only take on experienced people or will they work with whoever provided they think there is money to be made? Does anybody have any tips or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not a professional photographer but due to close connections with a particular well known British band I have many exclusive photographs of them both live and recording. I was thinking that perhaps an agent would help me make the most of these commercially and also help me to get more work and perhaps help me market my other work.

Does it work like this? Will agents only take on experienced people or will they work with whoever provided they think there is money to be made? Does anybody have any tips or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't work like that. Unless you have a release from the band, chances are you won't be able to sell the photos to anyone, agent or no agent, close connection or no connection. If you do have a release, you can sell them on your own to whoever you like. Otherwise, I would contact the band's agent and see if they want any of the photos.

Thanks for replying Max.

I don't think it's a problem getting them to use my photos. I get invited to take shots by the band themselves both at gigs and when recording - and their management always help me get the passes etc. They sold rights to a company to sell t-shirts at their summer festival appearances and the singer said to me "get as much money as you can". I'm trying to keep things uncomplicated with them - surely an agent can help me do this no? I just don't really know what an agent's relationship with ME would be like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back