Aggressive skating

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My husband has been skating (aggressive) since he was about 10ish. It's a BIG part of his life and he wanted me to capture some pictures of him at the park one night (not really skating), but of him. So, here was my attempt.

I do have tons of pictures of him and his friends skating...I will have to dig out the hundreds of photos I have and see which one's I can narrow it down to in order to post them. lol

3499818046_f9391464b3.jpg

3499817584_62d716f4a8.jpg

3498999885_40d31d9f4d.jpg

3499813238_fb8769377f.jpg

3483897477_05a4552aeb.jpg

I've been thinking about getting into that also. I like #3 and #4. If you ever take more of him actually doing tricks and whatnot, I would love to see em. Take care.

Oh, like I said...I have hundreds of him and his buddies skating in action. I just have to pick which one's I'd like to share...literally hundreds. We go every weekend to different skate parks (including when we are on vacation).:lmao:

When you have a setup like #3 again, break the twig off to get it out of the way (IMO). I love that pose though...definitely my favorite...even if there are no sk8s! <EDIT> or does he have his skates on? they looked like shoes at first glance</EDIT>

Last edited:
Please number your photos in the future. It makes it a lot easier to comment. But don't ask me how to do it, I have not the slightest idea :lol:

Your photos are not perfect but I think they would make wonderful editorial type photos. Is that the right term? It gets harder to think straight everyday.

Seriously, they are very nice.

#2 could have been nicer by not cutting off his skate on the right.

#3 The twigs are kind of annoying.

#4 I would have reversed which skate the focus was on.

My main problem is not your photos. It's your husband. He just looks too darn normal! :lmao: For a skater that is. Where are the tattoos and torn jeans and who knows what else? :lmao:

When you have a setup like #3 again, break the twig off to get it out of the way (IMO). I love that pose though...definitely my favorite...even if there are no sk8s! <EDIT> or does he have his skates on? they looked like shoes at first glance</EDIT>

Yea he had his skates on in that pic. There were just a bunch of leaves in the way he was standing on in the corner before he did a run. I know the the tree there was in the way...but I wasn't really paying attention at the time I was shooting. He didn't even know I had taken this picture. Then he started talking to me and seen me take another. I was trying to capture him being himself and normal and not in a "pose" position.

When he's know's I'm about to take a picture...I get goofy pictures of him like this:

3499813820_ec5fd8d4d4_m.jpg
:lol: He always strikes a "pose"...not the pose I'm looking for. :thumbup:

Please number your photos in the future. It makes it a lot easier to comment. But don't ask me how to do it, I have not the slightest idea :lol:

Your photos are not perfect but I think they would make wonderful editorial type photos. Is that the right term? It gets harder to think straight everyday.

Seriously, they are very nice.

#2 could have been nicer by not cutting off his skate on the right.

#3 The twigs are kind of annoying.

#4 I would have reversed which skate the focus was on.

My main problem is not your photos. It's your husband. He just looks too darn normal! :lmao: For a skater that is. Where are the tattoos and torn jeans and who knows what else? :lmao:

#2 really pissed me off because I wanted BOTH skates in the picture. This little area that he was skating in...I was laying on the ground and backed up against a fence...I should have had him scoot back...but as I said in the above post...I was trying to do this without him "posing".

#4...as fast as he goes by...I'm lucky to get any skate in the picture let alone try to focus on a certain skate. :lol: It's rough. I take about 200-300 pictures when the boys skate and process about 30 if that most times. But I'm still learning and hopefully improving.

What kind of skater are you talking about? Aggressive or skate boarding? We only have 1 skater here that he hangs with that has tattoos. Torn jeans...yea ALWAYS...but these were actually a new pair of "work" pants :confused: that he wore straight to the skate park after work without changing. Needless to say...they are "skate" jeans from now on. :grumpy: Most times you'll catch him in the baggie pants like all the other guys...however, he just went and ordered online a bunch of straight leg tight (skateboarder type) jean pants...but they are stretch jeans...so I guess that makes it alright in the inline world. lol

Not the slightest idea :lol: Just a joke. It's actually been a long time since I've seen anyone with online skates. Maybe because I don't hang around skating park. :lol: If we even have one around here.

:lol: I knew you were joking. You do have skate parks there in Georgia. You actually have pro skaters that live there as well. :thumbup:

Darn, you are making me say it! I am not that interested in sports. So photographing sports is kind of :thumbdown: for me.

But I love looking at images (photos or others), I get inspired this way sometimes and, the subject doesn't matter. I find new ways of doing things, of looking at things, etc in subjects that I would never photograph but which can be applied to what I do. :)

Trust me, I know what you mean. Before I got my slr, it was a simple shoot what you seen and everything you seen in the picture situated in the middle. After getting the slr and learning about the rule of thirds and seeing people shoot things like from the waist down, or just feet...it makes it more interesting. I get idea's from everywhere no matter what the subject is and apply to what ever picture I'm trying to take. Some things happen by mistake...and it ends up being a great picture. So it's always great to have an open mind..I've learn that myself since doing photography. :blushing:

Trust me, I know what you mean. Before I got my slr, it was a simple shoot what you seen and everything you seen in the picture situated in the middle. After getting the slr and learning about the rule of thirds and seeing people shoot things like from the waist down, or just feet...it makes it more interesting. I get idea's from everywhere no matter what the subject is and apply to what ever picture I'm trying to take. Some things happen by mistake...and it ends up being a great picture. So it's always great to have an open mind..I've learn that myself since doing photography. :blushing:

I'm not sure why you felt like blushing at the end because you are absolutely right. And, I think, it shows in your posts.

A good example of that is the "red face" you posted. It was something you did because of an image your husband liked. You didn't say what you thought yourself but you went and tried it. And whether or not you ever do another one in that style really does not matter. I am sure that you learned something while doing it. And you will probably use that something again sometime.

Years ago, when I was still fairly new to studio work and still learning to use my strobes, a designer friend of mine asked me to recreate a famous album cover, with a little twist to it. At first I wasn't too hot on the idea but it was going to be used for a major ad campaign... so I finally said yes.

It turned out to be an amazing learning experience. It taught me a lot about lighting for one. It also taught me how to look at the slightest detail because we had to recreate it. We spent an awful lot of time on this photo. Way more than was actually paid for but it was worth it.

Plus, we had a hell of a good time doing it. :lol:

Keep working. I believe you have the right attitude. :D

fruit boots =/.. i prefer skateboarding but w.e... i have a friend who also "aggressive skates".. in a park,everything is super easy.. if you wanna get good shots of "aggressive skating" you gatta go to big stair sets with multiple kinks in handrails..but the pictures that u have were he isnt skating are good..

fruit boots =/.. i prefer skateboarding but w.e... i have a friend who also "aggressive skates".. in a park,everything is super easy.. if you wanna get good shots of "aggressive skating" you gatta go to big stair sets with multiple kinks in handrails..but the pictures that u have were he isnt skating are good..

Thanks...I have tons of them from skate parks to street skating rails. My sons a wood pusher as well. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back