Ah! my first photoshoot

None of them are in focus.
Or was this the look you were after?
No beef intended.

A few look out of focus to me as well... the 3rd and 4th I think are the best shots they just seem a bit soft

BTW she's such a great model to shoot! Interesting look, and very expressive

-tim

Sorry all soft, are these the best ?. Not sure what you were thinking of shooting the last one at 1/3 of a second and iso200 did you use flash?
#2 underexposed and bad lens flare
#3 should have been sharp @ 1/2000

P1260936.jpg

Handheld @ 1/13??? may be a cause of the softness....?

2,3 and 5 would have been perfectly lovely shots... if they were in focus :(. Sorry. Any others turn out sharper?

Really soft. Lens flare in #2 is driving me insane.

The good thing is you learn something from every photoshoot. Hope to see more of your work!

1) Uninteresting. I think by converting to B&W you would liven it up a little. You didn't. :)
2) First, you were shooting in direct sunlight which often times makes for horrible shots. The lighting is too harsh. You not only have washed out highlights but you have horrible lens flare. Put a hood on it to get rid of the flare and get her out of the direct sun.
3) I kind of like it, but the focus is off. Also, I don't know if it's your editing or if your cameras white balance is out of whack, but the temp of the picture doesn't look right.
4) Not a big fan of the closed eyes. Focus is soft again. I also think the white balance is off again. Its way too cool and the colors look off.
5) Not a fan of the closed eyes again, and the lighting is way too harsh. Her skin tones are out of whack.

1) Uninteresting. I think by converting to B&W you would liven it up a little. You didn't. :)
2) First, you were shooting in direct sunlight which often times makes for horrible shots. The lighting is too harsh. You not only have washed out highlights but you have horrible lens flare. Put a hood on it to get rid of the flare and get her out of the direct sun.
3) I kind of like it, but the focus is off. Also, I don't know if it's your editing or if your cameras white balance is out of whack, but the temp of the picture doesn't look right.
4) Not a big fan of the closed eyes. Focus is soft again. I also think the white balance is off again. Its way too cool and the colors look off.
5) Not a fan of the closed eyes again, and the lighting is way too harsh. Her skin tones are out of whack.

ahh yes the skin tones. No matter what I did the area of her skin that the light hit were always super bright

i thinkk... you need a little more time with your camera before you charge people for shoots. they're all out of focus or just extremely soft D:

well if i used an auto focus lens i wouldnt have that problem! :D

well if i used an auto focus lens i wouldnt have that problem! :D

That's like saying "Officer, I wouldn't have gone over the speed limit if I had cruise control !!" - You're still in control ...

ahh yes the skin tones. No matter what I did the area of her skin that the light hit were always super bright

then you know for next time get her out of the sun.

what time of day was this?

Most reactions

Back