ahhh! ahhhhh!!!! Ouch!

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
For the last five minutes I've had a wicked cramp at the back of my right thigh. It just wouldn't let up. It seems to have gone now. It came on as soon as I bent my right leg whilst I was sitting here. It wasn't helped by one of my dogs jumping up at me for a cuddle while I was trying not to scream in pain either.

Does anyone know of a quick(!) way to relieve cramp?

For me...I used to get cramps in my calf (bad ones) that would JOLT me awake in the middle of the night. I'd have to get up and stand on it for a minute or so before it would go away. Don't those suck?

core_17 said:
For me...I used to get cramps in my calf (bad ones) that would JOLT me awake in the middle of the night. I'd have to get up and stand on it for a minute or so before it would go away. Don't those suck?

you know what else sucks??? eating pink chicken, that really sucks too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

never had a leg cramp.

md

MDowdey said:
core_17 said:

you know what else sucks??? eating pink chicken, that really sucks too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

never had a leg cramp.
md

You haven't lived until you've gotten a real good leg cramp! :twisted:

photogoddess said:
MDowdey said:
core_17 said:

never had a leg cramp.
md

You haven't lived until you've gotten a real good leg cramp! :twisted:

did you say a good leg hump?

md

Malachite is right about drinking more water. Also, low electrolytes are a cause. Ice or a cold cloth will uncramp a muscle really fast. I used to wake up in the middle of the night all the time with a cramp in the arch of my foot, and I'd go wet a cloth with cold cold water and stand on it. Instant relief.

One of the last side effects of the chemo induced blood clot is nasty leg cramps in the middle of the night. Often I would get competing leg cramps on opposite sides preventing the stretch it out solution.

At my chemo-Docs recommendation I try and eat a bananna a day (for the potassium) which seems to help a great deal. Give it a try if the cramps are a reoccuring problem.

Yeah I think he's right. I when I was getting them in my calf all the time someone told me to eat bananas and it really seemed to help.

Most reactions

Back