AHHHH!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mygrain, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow...that's awful. :(

3. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

It all stems from flouride in our drinking water and whatever the planes are releasing into the air. :wink:

Seriously, it is quite disturbing.

Note to self: Find nice secluded cave. Perfect for my darkroom.

4. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

I don't know what is more horible. The act itself or the fact they posted a picture and you can click on it to "ENLARGE" it.

5. mygrain

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yes caves are a GREAT place to hide...a bit damp though. :D

6. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Didn't you here about the guy who recently ran through London randomly stabbing people?

Indecently. I woke up on Sunday to the headlines about the Wisconsin shootings and a user popped into my head. My heart sank and I started to panic. Then I realised they lived nowhere near there. Made me wonder what would happen if a user here was to have something nasty happen to them.

7. mygrain

Photos NOT OK to edit

Ugh ...no...what the hell is wrong with folks? I mean if I can keep my rage aimed at walls, doors, and small furry animals(joking!!!) then why can't everyone else. I'm always at my wits end, on edge, and seperated from most realities. I never feel as if i fit in and im miserable as hell. I live a weak small existence and i know it. I'm in debt up to my armpits and work a crap job. The only thing I have going for me is my artisitc ability and now that I'm pushing to go pro illustration i see all of my competion and find that i have a really long path to follow and catch up on...with all of this bubbling and boiling I haven't resorted to drastic violence aimed at random or signifigant people...hell I'd do harm to myself before spreading such love. People should focus the freaking on something a bit more productive IMO. Although one man's creative materpiece is anothers bloodbath...no to make light of such tragedy. I just think that there are way to many desensitized folks out there.

8. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Found some links.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4120649.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4121295.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4121659.stm

I just think that there are way to many desensitized folks out there.
    Maybe it's not a good idea for me to admit that stuff like this has little effect on me. I've grown up around violence be in the news or on the streets, verbal or physical. I grew up with the fear that the IRA would blow my house to ****. Despite there being no chance of that happening. Maybe I've gone passed the stage of caring? Or at least caring as much as I did. I know it's wrong and if it happens to someone close to me I get angry. But when I hear a guy a few miles away has had his throat slit and has been left to bleed I think "there goes another one, poor guy, horrible way to go" and that's about it.
    That being said. I did stumble across an mpg of a guy being executed by having a knife plunged into his throat one day. That really did shock me and made me feel uneasy for a few days/weeks. I wanted to say ill, but very uneasy would be a better description.

Going back a bit. I got into a deep thinking session with regards to what I'd do if a member was to die, or at least certain ones, and I honestly didn't like what it led to.
    Maybe I should just shut up.

9. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ferny...I think it's perfectly normal to think that way. If we all put an emotional attachment on every little thing that happens, then we'd all end up curled up in the fetal position crying in a dark corner. It's a natural defense mechanism that your brain has in place to protect you. Don't feel bad about it Ferny...I've often felt the same way about things like that. I'm sure a lot of us have.

10. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight now.
    I'm the complete opposite to ferny I think. I can't stand anything with people dying especially like that poor guy.. that's pure torture. At least if it's fast you know (or hope) they didn't feel (or realise) anything.