Aiden, Newborn *pic heavy*

LCLimages

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:heart: 8 days new :heart:

Some of you might remember this pretty momma from the maternity pics I posted a couple months ago. Her sister makes the hats :) This little one slept like a champ.

1. Daddy and Aiden

2. Mommy and Aiden

14776475879_8d71a38bd3_c.jpg

Thanks! I couldn't believe how well behaved he was. Slept almost the entire time, and didn't pee on anything! :lol: It's like he knew!

The whole series is wonderful, I specially love # 9. That baby is cute and the pictures very well executed.
I tried with my grandson, but he simply refused to sleep. You have a change of clothes and settings, and the baby is still sleeping. You sure have the twist!

Thank you! I definitely got lucky with a good sleeper. I've had bad sleepers too! Mom fed him really good so he was pretty "milk drunk." Every time I'd move to a different setting he'd startle a bit so there was a lot of shushing and patting and I ran both a space heater for warmth and a fan faced away, for white noise, but once I got him into a setup he'd sleep good and let me move his arms and hands around. It got so hot in there, I always wind up looking like I ran a marathon after a newborn session :lol:

Good preparation leads to good results it seems, thanks for sharing with simplicity!

Thank you! I definitely got lucky with a good sleeper. I've had bad sleepers too! Mom fed him really good so he was pretty "milk drunk." Every time I'd move to a different setting he'd startle a bit so there was a lot of shushing and patting and I ran both a space heater for warmth and a fan faced away, for white noise, but once I got him into a setup he'd sleep good and let me move his arms and hands around. It got so hot in there, I always wind up looking like I ran a marathon after a newborn session :lol:

Love these
Can you share your lighting, lens?

I like the basket shots the most--a good variety of them! The gentle-toned B&W second to last is just superb.

Love these
Can you share your lighting, lens?

Thanks! For the first 3 I used my 24-105 at f/4. Speedlite just slightly camera left, in a 48" octobox. I have a narrow window on the right side wall in that room that has acted quite nicely as a fill.

For the rest of the shots I used my 50mm f/1.8 at f/2.8 - that nifty fifty. It's been with me for years. It may not be the sharpest or the greatest lens to ever grace the planet but it's been the best $98 I ever spent. #4 and #5 were both all natural light, I had a bean bag set up sitting right in front of the aforementioned narrow window.

#6-11 were my speedlite/octobox combo. I lowered it all the way down and it was pretty close to the set-up and I kept bumping into it.

I like the basket shots the most--a good variety of them! The gentle-toned B&W second to last is just superb.

Thanks! He was such a good sleeper I didn't want to quit coming up with cute basket ideas :lol: I like the basket/hat thing, but I also try not to get too posey-posey with babies... like the uber popular froggy pose, kinda freaks me out. It looks so... wrong. IMO. Anyways, I was wondering if the B&W was too dull! Glad you like it!

#6 was really cute. Nice job.

So Cute and Adorable.......! Existing Clicks really makes me crazy about that. I am totally impressed! I have found great photography in this discussion. It's extremely shows the great capability of yours. Thanks for sharing inspirational work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back