Ailin

Guiille93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! This is my first photo on the forum, I made a DIY home studio and this was the result. Lets see what could make this photo a better portrait :)

Thanks!!
Ojodigital.jpg

its a pretty tight crop, which i think is fine for a head/shoulder shot.
other than what tirediron suggested, i think maybe a tad more DOF so the hair on the right side of the frame is a little more in focus. other than that, its a nice shot overall.

What they said! ^^^
Her eyes are wonderfully sharp, I love it!!!
It looks like you are on your way to becoming a great photographer! :)

And welcome to TPF!!!

What makes a great portrait, or a great head shot? The former is quite different, and is almost 100% about working with the sitter and timing.

She has beautiful eyes.

I really love the colors on this. I agree the hair is lost a bit into the background but really minor for me. Very nice.

I'm with the crowd. What makes this a good shot for me is the fact that it's sharp, has eye contact, is nicely processed and that your model has a good expression on her face. I often cringe slightly when I see "This is my first photo on the forum" ... but your shot gave me a nice surprise. Well done. :D

Like the others, this would benefit from a kicker or some kind of backlighting to create separation (and avoid the hair becoming part of the dark background). Eyes and expression are lovely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back