Ain't she a bewt? - critiques please

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Saw this stray gum boot washed being washed up on the shore at Mill Bay today, thought I would post it

bewt.jpg

shutter: 1/8
f/22
tripod
canon D10

I kinda like it, but then again i'm biased. Honest critiques please!

I don't see a problem with the contrast myself.

Something about the bottom bothers me, I think it's just that teeny piece of rock in the left corner. I'd say bring the bottom up just a bit more to the middle of the other rock, then that piece wouldn't be pulling me away.

Other than that, I think it's really nice!

I just feel sorry for the sheep he left behind!

Nice shot, I think the contrast is fine but a little more would not hurt

IMO the shot would be nice with or with out the boot

photobug said:
:lol: @ Sid

Contrast looks ok here, but the bottom of the shot is a bit cluttered. I like it though. :)

It took me a while before I saw the boot. I think it would be a great shot with a little less clutter but it is is a good shot now. :) I would have to be on photobug's side with this one.

hmmm. i like the clutter. i think it makes the photo, in fact. certainly it helps create a diagonal, drawing the eye from the bottom left corner through the midground, continuing into horizon on upper right corner. gives the photo real nice depth.
contrast looks great from here.

i think Vonnagy is a spy.

i think Vonnagy is a spy.

lol, what makes you say that?

O, photogoddess, as soon as you posted i bumped of the contrast because that was exactly what was missing... I just forgot to mention that. So what you were saying was right on for about 30 seconds ;) Thanks for your keen eye!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this, very helpful!

Oh wow! That contrast boost really made a difference! The other didn't do much for me but I like this. I agree about the diagonal. I can't see a place that I would feel right about cropping.

So, am I the only one that groaned at the title, or are people not mentioning it because they don't want to encourage him?

nope. i groaned too. this naming thing is, in fact, the first piece of evidence i intend to present in proof that vonnagy is a SPY.

(more on this to follow- stay tuned.......)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back