Air to Air with WWI plane

Crazymainer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here is a shot I took at Geneseo NY last Sat.

I was using a EOS-1N with a 80-200 Kodak 200 Gold No filter, We were at 2000 AGL Cruising at 120 Knots in a shallow right hand turn. I was shooting out of an open window. The plane was about 50 meters off and slightly step down at my 4 O Clock position.

I would be interested in hearing any comments.

Kn002005.jpg

The plane is Nieuport 28 from the Great AirWar Musuem

Cheers :lol: [/img]

Hiya CM,

The image is neat but a little grainy and the right edge seems to be a bit blurred. Not sure what would cause that. I would have either gone in a little tighter on the pilot or pulled back to get the whole plane. As it stands it looks a little indecisive. What speed film did you use or is it digital?

Congratz for taking really extreme photo, but there is something with colors. Really depresing.

Hi All,

First the color remember I took this at about 7:30 AM with the Sun to are Left and below, the colors are what the plane is painted as.

Scott we were in a right hand turn and he had put the plane about 50 Meters off, I try to zoom out but it just didn't work.

The reason its slightly blurry is I had to rest my arm on window release latch.
sk8man have a go at it I would be interseted in the results, I tend not to do any photo shop.

Next Year I plan on going up with their other Camera plane and do some Acro shots.

Cheers

ok, with your authorization i managed to achieve this:

air_to_air.jpg

modified levels, curves, contrast, saturation, highlight and sharpening.
also 50% resize and a little crop from the top sky.

lower the green level... color.... But now I like it more

Most reactions

Back