Airbus A380 over Hamburg!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My husband had a chance to go visiting the Airbus Industries premises today, and made it there (!) despite the crowds, and there were HUGE crowds trying to get there, HUGEST crowds, he said (and so did the traffic news), and this is the nicest photo he got of the Airbus A380 flying (straight from the camera, no cropping, nothing, only resized for here):

AirbusA380.jpg

I will give his other pictures a little crop here and there, but I felt I could show you this one straight away. He would so have liked to take us along, but he only had this one ticket.

Jeeze thats a monstor plane, give me a twin otter to fly in any day. Looks to me like they would spend more time loading the plane than flying in it. Still they do look awesome.

I would have loved to see it myself, but he only got this one ticket. Hmph.

This is the very first online article on today's "Family Day" on the premises in Hamburg-Finkenwerder that I could find, and it was loaded into the Google-list while I was still checking out other links:

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,371818,00.html

I'm afraid it is all in German, though... so get out your dictionaries and... (I might even sit down for a translation, later tonight, if you want me to...)

It shouldn't fly... it's far too big...

Nice photo though, congrats to your husband on his first post lafoto!

nice shot Mr. LaFoto.

so Corinna, am i correct in assuming 'weiter' means next?

You are correct!

This one is my husband's own favourite of the lot (I cropped it a little, unlike the first)

AirbusA380_Fahrwerk.jpg

WOW, what a plane ... my colleague always says that physically metal is unable to fly ... but that's a whole load of metal ...
Great photo - thanks to your husband and thanks to you for sharing!

a couple of big photos. i also often wonder how anything that large, with the load it can carry, stays in the sky.

thank-you both for sharing the shots.

Here are some more of my husband's photos taken during yesterday's "Family Day" on the Airbus Industries premises in Hamburg-Finkenwerder, during which he saw the new Airbus A380 fly over several times (yesterday's news on TV were full of that event, too, especially the local ones, of course ;)).

This is just a truck he saw and liked the tarpaulin (is that the word?) - and I like it for the juxtaposition of those modern planes on that truck and the old, rusty handlebars of those bikes in the foreground :)

Airbus_Gelnde_Laster.jpg

These are two of the device that loads the finished tail ends of the A380 into the "Beluga" for them to be transported to Toulouse:

Airbus_Gelnde_Verladevorrichtung.jpg

Airbus_Gelnde_Verladevorrichtung2.jpg

Here is the opening of the Beluga, through which the finished plane parts are loaded:

Airbus_Gelnde_Beluga.jpg

The Super-Guppy was the first heavy freight plane that was used for the purpose:

Airbus_Gelnde_SuperGuppy.jpg

And quite many parts arrive at Finkenwerder by boat!

Airbus_Gelnde_Liefer-Schiff.jpg

And last, but not least, two more of the A380 flying over the premises, the last of which shows the huge plane waving Good-Bye to the spectators with its wings:

AirbusA380_glare.jpg

AirbusA380_winkt.jpg

WOW!!! LaFoto! These are awesome... oops you're hubby took them didn't he, well they're awful then. :mrgreen:

The A380 is a magnificent huuuuuge beast that is unreal! I couldn't find words to describe it when I saw it! Just check out how many wheels are on that landing gear! And look at all the little windows.

And the Beluga's themselves are amazing to watch fly - even more so than the A380 I think. Just because they are so odly shaped. I used to see them all the time in Toulouse flying around - and everytime I'd get a shock - just because they are so strange looking!

Yes, we sometimes see them fly over our place - we must the where there is their route from Hamburg-Finkenwerder to Toulouse... the Beluga's route, that is. You would not think anything that big and round can fly at all!

Most reactions

Back