Aircraft Hanger

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
uc50-collings-1.jpg

any suggestions on how to improve this photo?

Are those model planes??? They look so...perfect and clean. That thing sticking up from the bottom is a bit distracting. And a few of those hotspots in the windows (?) are a bit too hot.

Scott WRG Editor said:
any suggestions on how to improve this photo?

Move most of those planes out of the way so you can photograph them one at a time. ;)

That space looks great...with that huge window.

This is not an ordinary HANGAR, is it, Scott?
This is more like an airplane showroom, squeaky-clean as it is. And the planes even seem to have little "price-tags" at "their feet"...

There's little you can do about this particular photo to make it any better, I think. You'd have had to move that "nosy" plane out of the way which is "sticking its nose" into your picture.

In this one, I don't even mind the "too hot hotspots", for those just underline the cleanliness of the whole place, windows included. Everythings SHINY.

I quite like the blown highlights, adds a bit of surrealism to it :)

elrick said:
is this a Russian plane with red star?

Yes. It's a WW2 Yakovlev fighter. I can't see much detail but it's either a Yak 3 or a YAK 9

Ant said:

elrick said:

Yes. It's a WW2 Yakovlev fighter. I can't see much detail but it's either a Yak 3 or a YAK 9
cool...'cause I've lived in Russia for many years...

Ant said:

I totally agree, If the whole floor were illuminated as it is on the far left it would look like the whole set up was on a giant light box... a very cool effect if you ask me.

Ant said:

elrick said:

Yes it is Elrick, and you are correct Ant. It is a Yak 3, one of the new built airframes built by Yakovlev a few years ago.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back