Airport Overview (Rule of Thirds)

Well, the plane is in the right-hand third... You don't always have to do that...it's really just a guideline.

Personally, I would have composed it a little bit differently. I would have put the plane in the bottom left-hand corner, so you could see where it's going.

I do like this though, I just think that with a slightly different composition it could be much better.

Josh kind of touches on one aspect of the rule of thirds.

The way the image is framed the lines are the main subject and the airplane is secondary because it has limited space for movement, can't compete with the strong central diagonal element from lower left to upper right, and isn't on a ROT power point.

Josh's proposal would necessitate a rotation of the image a bit and could make the airplane the main subject, but I don't think that was the intent of the photographer.

Josh's proposal would necessitate a rotation of the image a bit and could make the airplane the main subject, but I don't think that was the intent of the photographer.

Actually, I meant just as it is now - just panned a little. The plane doesn't have to 'point' to where it's going, the lines on the runway show you that.
The way it is now, you can't see what's ahead of the plane though.

Most reactions

Back