Alaska again.

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Due to techincal difficulties, all threads that were posted after Feb. 5th were deleted.
I noramlly wouldn't post something again, but I did see that I got an unusual amount of comments [for me :er: ] on my recent Alaska photos, although because of the maintenance problems I wasn't able to view the comments.

Sooo, I'm going to post these four photos from my Alaskan cruise last August again. Some editing has been done to them. I used an old, poor quality Canon Powershot, but these four actually turned out nicely because of the lighting.

#1. A close-up of ice at Mendenhall Glacier (in... I want to say Juneau?).
alaskapics06093il1.jpg

#2. Glacier Marjorie, at the end of Glacier Bay, from the boat. It was stunning; and we experienced quite a bit of global warming and glacier melting.
alaskapics06087mi4.jpg

#3. From a whale-watching boat in Ketchikan. We also saw some fabulous orcas.
alaskapics06060tg4.jpg

#4. A black bear cub on the rainforest hike in Ketchikan. A mother and another cub accompanied this one!
alaskapics06029vp8.jpg

1 and 3 are great well done :)

cherrymoose

Good idea to post it again.
So I repeat my comments.
You took outstanding shots taking into account you just a powershot at this time.
Good Job :thumbup:

Mat

Wow! Great shots, what an amazing experience.
Sounds (and looks) like your whale-watching experience really beat mine.

You are so right in putting these four back up after the crash! They all four are really worth a second showing! Those four are the best of the original (now lost forever) post! Wow, what an experience! When I was your age, my farthest reach into the world was as far as I could go by bike within my home town and that was about it! ;)

I am particularly taken in by the colours of the ice in the first of these four photos! I really really like that one heaps!

But I feel they now more belong into Landscape and Nature, right?

The third one strikes me. Just wondering what is that blue stripe in the background? I think the sharpness of the tail fin is a little marred by it.

love the 1st shot but #3 will be getting nominated
Always makes me laugh that WHALE watching trips go after Orca's what with Orca's being part of the Dolphin Family

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

LaFoto-- thank you for moving it, I was unsure when I first posted of what forum it should be in.

The third one strikes me. Just wondering what is that blue stripe in the background? I think the sharpness of the tail fin is a little marred by it.

Thanks, everyone seems to like that one. The blue stripe is part of the land, but like I said, the camera I was using didn't have the best focus, so the far-off background got really blurred.

I. Love. Whales. Therefore, I love #3. But #1 and #2 are fantastic as well.

Bla-- thank you. I have about 30 photos of the whales that I have yet to tool with, if you'd like to see them.

Nice photos, makes me remember when I was cruising Alaska coast, and yes the mendenhall glacier is in the Juneau area!

Bla-- thank you. I have about 30 photos of the whales that I have yet to tool with, if you'd like to see them.

That would be amazing! Would you mind if I asked you how much such a trip costs? I'd been thinking about a cruise at the west coast.

That would be amazing! Would you mind if I asked you how much such a trip costs? I'd been thinking about a cruise at the west coast.

Sadly, I don't know how much the actual cruise cost, seeing as my grandma paid for it for me. We took the Princess cruises line, and on their website you can get some more information about the shore excursions. At one point, we [obviously] took a day long whale watching boat, complete with two levels, a snack bar, binoculars, etc. It was such an amazing experience, because we saw at least 10 different humpbacks come right up to the side of the boat. Near dusk, the orcas came by, which was also really cool.

I think that I'll make a second thread right now called 'Alaska pics part 2', to post some more of the whale/other ones.

Thanks for the info cherrymoose, I'll be sure to check it out. Keep the pics coming, they're great.

Most reactions

Back