Alaska pics part 2

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After getting an unusal [for me :er:] amount of comments on my last Alaska pictures thread, I decided to post a couple more on a new thread.

(Original thread: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71316).

The following ones aren't nearly as sharp, but most of them were zoomed in to the max.

#1. This one is a bit over-sharpened, but it's also Glacier Marjorie at the end of Glacier Bay.
Alaskapics06081-1.jpg

#2. Too grainy, but that couldn't be helped. A random sea-side glacier from the ship that was dropping mini icebergs like crazy.
Alaskapics06070-1.jpg

#3. Whale watching, again:
Alaskapics06059-1-1.jpg

#4. It got a little too close for comfort, but the boat was big enough that we knew it couldn't do much harm.
Alaskapics06056-1-1.jpg

#5. My slow camera missed the breaching that this one did just a second after. She was on her way up into the air when it took the photo.
Alaskapics06047-1.jpg

#6. I know that the quality of this one is awful, but that's because I had to digitally zoom in so much to get even close to the bear. It was amazing, though.
Alaskapics06025-1-1.jpg

#7. This was taken when we first left the harbor on the whale watching boat. The eagles contrasted with the bright colors beautifully.
Alaskapics06009-1.jpg

The third shot is very cool! Comp is perfect and so was your sense of timing. The last shot is very nice too....nice color saturation and I like the multiple layers of terrain....and the eagles of course (though it would be nice to see a bit more detail from the neck up). What a fantastic trip you had.

I agree the third one is really nice.

one and two, well there it is the landscape depicted which makes me feel want to go there ! ... they go well with the glass of Glenkinchie I am having right now :)

In the first, I really don't mind your sharpening. I just like the colour and texture of the ice against the rock. I will always love this icy blue!

And I like the last, too. You spotted the contrast those eagles presented in the otherwise equally beautiful scenery well.

And to have seen whales and bears in the wild ..........................!

Thanks for the comments, everyone.
Corinna--- yes, it was absolutely amazing! Living in suburban areas in California, the only thing I'd ever seen in the wild was deer, until this trip. It was brilliant.

Most reactions

Back