IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

NSFW

Feel free to rip me and my amateur skills apart
O and for the record Id take Vancouver over Alaska anyday

Hmm forgot about this....

No one has any thoughts on the pics?

C&C per req:
1. Excellent capture of the reflections in the water, however the shoreline is over-exposed. Because of the dynamic range, this would have worked well as an HDR merge. As is, a little more work in post will help. Lighten the shore line, straighten it, and crop out the area to the right which is somewhat distracting (the two points).
2. Acceptable exposure in this one, however it seems somewhat desaturated. Compositionally speaking, there are two competeing elements; the road in the foreground which tends to lead the viewer out of the photograph, and the lake in the background. Perhaps crop out the actual road so that you just have the spoil-pile?
3. Nice exposure, good composition with the guardrail lines leading the eye to the centre of the photo. I think I would either crop or clone out the piece of bench in the foreground as it's somewhat distracting.
4. Nice. Perhaps crop out a little of the LH side to remove the background street and lampost.
5. Nice sky, and good exposure. Needs to be straightend and have the distracting element on the LH side cropped off.
6. Nice composition, however appears over-exposed and lacking in focus.
7. Nice. I would like to see one with the foreground and trees a little lighter just to compare, but this works as-is.
8. Nice capture, but needs to be straightened and cropped to remove all of the distracting background and make the main subject stand out more.
9. I'm at work. ;)

Overall, some nice work, with a couple of reocurring areas for improvement. Keep up the good work.
~John

Most reactions

Back