_MG_5763.jpg

_MG_5771.jpg

_MG_5781.jpg

_MG_4873.jpg

_MG_1840.jpg

_MG_1842.jpg

_MG_1954.jpg

Last edited:
Wow....no comments yet??? #3 is exceptional! Looks like you had some contrast issues to contend with on the lighting. It would be nice to see some more detail in some areas, but I know these can be tough exposures.

Also, you might want to tweak your horizons on a couple of shots. #4 in particular is a very nice scene (similar to #3), but could use a slight CW tilt.

Thanks, ccd ....

Yes, I do need to do a bit of tweaking as you mentioned. The most amazing part of the trip was the lighting which ran the full gamut. For the first time, I was really wishing I had a second camera body because I kept feeling the need to switch between my tele and my UWA.

Ian

Such beautiful scenes...they remind me of the Canadian Arctic (as of course they would, being relatively nearby).

The third one is my fave of the series...those light rays shining down, and the wonderful tones, make it a memorable one.

Thanks, Anti. In Canada, was only as far north as Vancouver and my kids were sick when we got there.

i really like 8 & 9, very nice!

Thanks! 8 & 9 were with my Sigma 10-20mm. #8 was at 14mm and #9 was at 20mm. It seemed like a perfect sky for a wide angle. This was College Fjord on our cruise from Anchorage up the passage.

Ian

Very nice! I especially like #3, #8 and #9. The first two don't do it for me, but those three I mentioned are fantastic!

Overall a very beautiful set of shots.

#1 and 2: Technically fine but they don't hold my interest. Something is missing in the composition or who knows what. I do know that it is not a question of too much water in #2 because, I think, in this case, it works fine.

#3 and 4: Just perfect. Nothing else to say.

#5: Not as interesting visually and that flare in the middle is annoying.

#6: Whether natural or pp, that spot of light makes the photo. Composition is a bit blah to me but still quite nice image.

#7: My eye doesn't seem to know where to go. Something going on in the light horizontal area that is confusing.

#8 and 9: Not quite as good as #3 and 4 but still very nice. It could be that with all that snow, ice, and cold water the warmer tones of 3 and 4 are easier to deal with. :lmao:

Overall a very beautiful set of shots.

#1 and 2: Technically fine but they don't hold my interest. Something is missing in the composition or who knows what. I do know that it is not a question of too much water in #2 because, I think, in this case, it works fine.

#3 and 4: Just perfect. Nothing else to say.

#5: Not as interesting visually and that flare in the middle is annoying.

#6: Whether natural or pp, that spot of light makes the photo. Composition is a bit blah to me but still quite nice image.

#7: My eye doesn't seem to know where to go. Something going on in the light horizontal area that is confusing.

#8 and 9: Not quite as good as #3 and 4 but still very nice. It could be that with all that snow, ice, and cold water the warmer tones of 3 and 4 are easier to deal with. :lmao:

Thanks for the critique ... all appreciated. Just a couple of notes ...

That 'flare' on #5 is a rainbow ... it just wasn't strong enough to work (it was stronger, but faded as I fumbled with my lenses) ...

#6 was natural light

My personal favorite from this group is #9

I have a gazillion more images from the trip. I have to get to work and pp some for posting.

Ian

I've always found Alask difficult to photograph.. There is so much expanse and the weather moves so fast..

Great scenes... a little dark on my monitor......

Love the spots of light shining through and hitting the mountains in #1. And the rays of sun are just beautiful in 4. My favorite out of the bunch is #9 great choice with the wide angle, it really pulls you into the photo.

ya 8 and 9 r my favorite! the other shots arent doing much for me...seem a lil underexposed...hazy

Most reactions

Back