Alberta (Calgary) Meetup

Glad to see lots of interest! So how about we start narrowing down the dates. Would either Saturday September 6 or 13 work better for anyone?

Either of those dates sound good for me....although I'll have to check with my boss...er, I mean wife. :)

Yes indeed that is a very good idea to check with your 'boss'. I think that your 'boss' should head on down to cowtown as well :)

I work Saturdays, but you can all come visit me at The Camera Store anyway :p

Yes indeed that is a very good idea to check with your 'boss'. I think that your 'boss' should head on down to cowtown as well
She might make the trip, but she has zero interest in photography...and by then, she will be 8+ months pregnant, so I doubt she would want to 'tag along'. Also, she dislikes zoos. I could drop her off with some family for a visit though.

I didn't know you two were expecting! Congrats! Well, we should have some discussion of where to meet it doesn't necessarily have to be the zoo.

Tolyk, what time do you work at?

ETA: Duh, I just remembered like she will want to be walking around at 8+ months pregnant :lol:. One thought I had is perhaps we can all meet (at the zoo or elsewhere.. whatever) and perhaps have supper or something later, then anyone who is working (Tolyk) can join.

Last edited:
On Saturdays I work from 8 til 5/5:30 (depending if customers won't leave! :p )

Oh, and the 13th will be best for me too. I'm going out of town the weekend of the 6th, just remembered

Out of town the 6th but, but I might be up for the 13th. I'll be 7 months prego then, so I just might have to sneak off to the rest room every now and then, lol.
I'm good with the zoo or anywhere else.
Thanks for the invite! Would not liked to have missed it!

Looks like the 13th will work best for myself as well. I just got a (half) of a contract in a mail today for a September 6 wedding (well, I don't really know if they want the wedding, they only signed up for an album which... just doesn't work out so hot.. but that is a side story, I will figure it out tomorrow)

So shall we say the 16th it is.

So glad you will be able to make it Terri! Congrats as well :) (Something must be in Alberta's water making babies lately, because I think that 60% of ladies I know are expecting ha!)

That sounds good to me.

So what's on the itinerary? I wouldn't mind visiting the zoo...I've never been to the Calgary zoo and I hear it's pretty good.
What about an indoor location, if the weather is bad?

Are there any events going on that day?

What do you think about getting a couple of 'models' to pose for us? Or would it be better to keep it casual and just shoot what ever we find.

Cyber Surfer will probably have some good ideas/locations for nature/wildlife shots.

I also sent a PM to 'Jack Lumber', who is/was in Calgary.

More than likely I will not be able to attend a gathering in Calgary, life is just too busy over the next few months. But I just wanted to through out the 2008 Digital Photo Expo Tradeshow and seminar is being held in Calgary at the Telus Convention Center on October 4 & 5th if you guys wanted an alternate date with events.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back