Album/CD cover artwork

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Jederino, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Jederino

Jederino TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi!

I am doing everything for my church's live worship CD and I have an idea for the cover and I was wondering if I could get some help with my idea. I don't have a quality camera, but I have two friends who have nice Canon EOS's.

The idea is basically a wall with a framed painting hanging in the middle. Its not going to cover the entire CD cover, just a portion big enough as if you are standing about 7-8 feet away from the wall. My wife painted the painting I want to use, so:

• Should I take a quality picture of the painting and then digitally place it on a fake wall? Is there a way to create a digital wall with a bit of texture?
    • I don't have a frame, is there a way to digitally do this?
    • Should I place the painting on a wall, take the picture and then add a digital frame to it?
    I am totally oblivious to the options made by programs like Photoshop, so I am looking for some ideas. My friends I mentioned above have photoshop, I'm sure, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Thanks!

Jed

2. SBlanca

SBlanca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    dont understand what you're trying to do because im tired and not functioning right...but im guessing you could take a photo of the frame on the wall and then another of the painting (better quality) and then just copy paste the painting over the frame in the other picture..dunno....

3. Happy Hour

Happy Hour TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Do you have photo shop? there are picture frames on the web you can download 4 free and crop it over the painting. And there are all kinds of backgrounds in PS like a brick wall always looks cool. try a bunch of different designs and see what you like the best. Thats the fun part!

4. Jederino

Jederino TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Happy Hour, thats what I needed to know. My friend, whom I will see tonight, has photoshop so I will talk to her about it. Here's an idea pic I took yesterday. I may use it and just put a digital frame around the painting in photoshop, or I might redo it alltogether. But this is the idea I had.

I will eventually put the heading like "The Rock Band Live" and "Vol. 1" on it. And I need to crop it a little to fit the size of a CD cover and probably rotate it counterclockwise a tad to make sure its flush.

[​IMG]