Album Choices

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Sun Devil Rob, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Sun Devil Rob

Sun Devil Rob TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello all. I've recently expanded my photography business to cover weddings on a regular basis, in addition to my already established portraiture work. I am looking for advice and recommendations on album vendors. I love the flexibility of Art Leather but I find the Montage software difficult to design with. I'm looking for the style of Art Leather with the design ease of consumer products such as Shutterfly. Any suggestions?

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    IMO, it's better to design them yourself, rather than use the sometimes limiting software they provide. I believe that most Album vendors will list the layout size or even give you a Photoshop template to use.

There are several companies that I'm hearing about these days. (I haven't used any of them yet though)

TAP
    Asuka
    Fin.a.o.
    GraphiStudio
    Collages.net

3. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

Wel you are going into a professional site so you should dexpect to have to use professional tools. You might try Albums Inc. and I know David Ziser had a grat program that he used for album layouts that had a very user-friendly interface.

Edit: The name of the program is Lumapix, here is a link I am not so sure of the quality of this link but it was from Ziser's site http://www.sellshareware.com/ProgramInfo.asp?AfID=18864&PrID=67070

And here is something from his site http://www.davidziser.com/educational_materials.htm#Digital%20Resource%20Kit

I used the demo version of the software and found it extremely user-friendly.