Alert! Possible Aurora Borealis tonight and tomorrow nights!

Here's about as strong as they were for me
DSC_1821.jpg

For being a dark sky preserve, Lake Hudson has quite a bit of light pollution. I guess I should have kept going north. I bet it was pretty nice over Lake Superior or Huron.

@qleak: That's very nice. We had more or less the same thing, but with horrible light pollution it was mostly washed out.

Lights_5020.JPG

It was brighter than this at several points, but that was before I got the camera out and set up. Once the camera was in place, the display faded to a rather bland glow.

Orion_5025.JPG

Not wanting to waste a clear night (even with the light pollution), I shot Orion as it was setting in the West.

Note: fine detail, at least when I upload it to TPF, seems to be mushified into, well, visual mush. At least on my computer, the resized jpg is much crisper compared to the same file, same size, as displayed on the forum. If anyone has any insight into why that happens and how to correct it, I would be very pleased to hear it.

*tear* I didn't end up making it out side. News reports say it didn't hit Colorado though so I suppose that I can forgive myself for slacking.

@qleak, its beautiful!

We had great ones but it was unbearable outside. Blowing snow and clouds make it impossible to get a clear shot.

We had a strong glow of blue lights but it was a sobriety checkpoint. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back