Photos OK to edit
I'm back at it again :)

1. TWO YN-460 in 45" shoot-through umbrella, both at full power, on the left
4482697387_57f9f12092_b.jpg

2. TWO YN-460 in 45" shoot-through umbrella, both at full power, on the left
4482696521_297c667d73_b.jpg

3. TWO YN-460 in 45" shoot-through umbrella, both at full power, on the right
4482696347_49c33504e9_b.jpg

well from a noobs pov, the glare in #2 is really distracting and something seems off with the w/b in all. Not really sure though (been looking at my computer screen for some hrs now) could jus be my eyes. nice set still and nice model an location.

You're right about the WB. It was way off. I have a habit of not paying attention to that setting and it was on Tungsten that whole time, I believe.

yeah good thing you shot RAW so you can fix it :)

Welcome back.

I like the lighting you have created here. Especially how you have lit the upper part of the the model more than the lower part. It really helps draw attention to her.

I don't like the background in #1...it's just too bright. One thing I might have tried in that situation, would have been to underexpose the sky, then use one light on the model and on light on the tree behind her.

I like the way you used natural and artificial light together, to light the model in #2.

Again, nice work in #3...although I think the lighting on the model is a bit too dramatic for the pose, setting and feel of the shot. The lighting is moody but she's smiling like it's a nice sunny day. I think that with more light on her face, this would be a nice portrait.

Me? Shoot RAW? Nope. I wasn't shooting RAW. You caught me red-handed. Hahah.

I've only uploaded 5 out of the whole shoot. I put all 5 on my flickr page and these are the 3 that got comments. Surprisingly, the other 2 that DIDN'T get comments are my very favorite of the bunch. I didn't post them here because I figured you guys wouldn't like them either, lol.

Hey, Mike! It's good to see you're still roaming around in here. Hahah. I'm guilty of not paying close enough attention to how my subject is posing. I wait until they get settled, and I snap the shot. This is why I hate doing fashion photography or anything close to it. I'd rather shoot a bunch of rough guys in a rock band any day. That's just me. Hahah.

Well here are the other two I didn't upload before. I hate that I accidentally cut her feet off in the bottom of the last one.

4. TWO YN-460 in 45" shoot-through umbrella, both at full power, on the left
4483345522_c645502a68_b.jpg

5. TWO YN-460 in 45" shoot-through umbrella, both at full power, on the left
4482696995_0e1553cb1e_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back