Algonquin Park Canoe Trip

surfingfireman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first trip using a new point and shoot digital (an advanced one) back in the spring.

lakerockck9.jpg

bowshotfz2.jpg

sunsetnu0.jpg

Nothing too special just trying to get back involved with the forum.

You should get a DSLR.

My wife and I have been shooting there for the past 15 years with 35mm and digital SLR's, since we like to get the wildlife.

I would love to live that much closer to Algonquin.
We are so attached to the place that will drive to Algonquin for the day from Toronto.

Have the first two gone through NeatImage or some similar noise reduction programme? They look sooo soft now. And the cloud in 2 looks downright "wrong" in a way, what is it? Is it a "posterised" effect? Is it artefacts, I can't say. I guess it WAS a very peculiar cloud, which is why you wanted to photograph it, and I see how you set prow (?) / bow (?) of the canoe against the shape of that cloud, but it looks weird.

And the first - could be compression? Could be noise reduction? - looks like the third copy of an old time magnetic tape video... What happened?

The third seems to look the sharpest and best textured ... and this kind of sunset/dusk light is nice, of course.

Thanks for the comments folks. I knew these were FAR from my best work.

dxq,I do have DSLR but this was a fishing trip, so it was stashed away most of the time.

lafoto, yeah there are some serious issues with these pics. i think I tried to edit some that i had already edited way back therefore they are now over edited. yeah, there was noise in the first one, which I tried to remove, causing the softness.

Most reactions

Back