Alien Bees lighting

c0ps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im purchasing lighting for studio. What are your thoughts on Alien bees a800 for studio photography? Ill be shooting Portraits

There only as good as you are as a photographer...

Wow JimmyO, talk about a constructive comment. Boy, I hope you continue to troll into every thread and post moronic statements as above. Hey, there is another member selling a D700 cause she doesn't have the time that she was hoping to have to use it, and is justifiably selling it... you should go there and make some stupid comments as well.

Ah, you already did huh? Oh... well then.

Not sure why you are posting up some of these comments... maybe you have some sand in your vag and its itchy... not sure. But by all means... STFU.

As to the original post... AB's were meant as a cheaper lighting kit for someone who is a hobbiest without needing to invest in thousands of dollars for lighting. This creates some restrictions in the use/flexability of the light, but if you know what you are doing, you can make them work. I would suggest renting some lights from a camera store for a weekend, give them a try, and see what works for you.

For the money, they're good lights. The accessories coupled with the lights make the whole system a great deal for the money. I use them and love them.

I am anxious for the Einsteins to hit the market. They promise to be even more useful than the current generation of lights. But that's not to say the current generation aren't great lights, because they are.

Wow JimmyO, talk about a constructive comment. Boy, I hope you continue to troll into every thread and post moronic statements as above. Hey, there is another member selling a D700 cause she doesn't have the time that she was hoping to have to use it, and is justifiably selling it... you should go there and make some stupid comments as well.

Not sure why you are posting up some of these comments... maybe you have some sand in your vag and its itchy... not sure. But by all means... STFU.

As to the original post... AB's were meant as a cheaper lighting kit for someone who is a hobbiest without needing to invest in thousands of dollars for lighting. This creates some restrictions in the use/flexability of the light, but if you know what you are doing, you can make them work. I would suggest renting some lights from a camera store for a weekend, give them a try, and see what works for you.

:greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl:
:lmao:

^^^^^ +1 :clap: well said... love the sand in the itchy vag... that would make me cranky about people buying D700 and AB lighting too... lol!

I'd love to give the AB's a try, but they won't ship to Guam :(

Im purchasing lighting for studio. What are your thoughts on Alien bees a800 for studio photography? Ill be shooting Portraits

I've been using two B1600's for about a year now for product. Very little portraiture work but would recommend the octabox's over softboxes for the round catch light.

No issues at all and hope to upgrade soon to the Cyber commander and retire my Cactus triggers. The wireless triggers work just fine but the Cyber commander allows you to control the lights power from the camera.

If you're looking for bargain light modifiers, try here.

I assume the quality is equivalent to Cowboy Studio stuff, I modified their softboxes to fit the AB's and for my uses are fine.

Cheers, Don

The one complaint that seems to be consistent with the AB's is color shift at low power. Other than that they seem to be a good lighting value.

Thanks guys, Im going to purshase these on friday unless someone talks me into getting sb900 instead lol

Most reactions

Back