AlienBee Ringflash

tinacolada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ittybittyportraits.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I have my first wedding this summer, I mostly do family/child protraits but I am continplating getting the alienbee ringflash. I see it's brand new and I was hopeing someone has some reviews on it for me. I was just curious if anyone has found great stuff with it and exactly what they have been using it for. Any help would be awesome.

a simple search for reviews on google will get you what you need...

...but from what i've read, it looks great! keep in mind though that ringlights offer a very unique light that doesn't always look quite 'normal'...so if you don't have standard lighting or strobes already, you might want to get those first.

I have it, and I love it. You are in luck too, because they've ironed out some things that were wrong with it, and added a few new features. They are sending me a home upgrade kit, but if you buy one now you'll get a new model fully assembled. As for what to use it for, well, there's lots of options. It comes with a softbox attachment. You can use it with your lens through it head on, or mount it on a light stand and use it like a normal light. With the softbox it gives a nice soft illumination and a round catchlight in the eye. The new model will also allow for an umbrella and gel filters. Basically, you can do anything with it that you can do with a normal strobe, plus stick your lens through it.

I used it as my key light with softbox in this photo:

jump.jpg

I have it, and I love it. You are in luck too, because they've ironed out some things that were wrong with it, and added a few new features. They are sending me a home upgrade kit, but if you buy one now you'll get a new model fully assembled. As for what to use it for, well, there's lots of options. It comes with a softbox attachment. You can use it with your lens through it head on, or mount it on a light stand and use it like a normal light. With the softbox it gives a nice soft illumination and a round catchlight in the eye. The new model will also allow for an umbrella and gel filters. Basically, you can do anything with it that you can do with a normal strobe, plus stick your lens through it.

I used it as my key light with softbox in this photo:

jump.jpg

very nice matt! i completely forgot that it could be shot off camera. thanks for the info!

thanks a ton you two. I think I will get it to add to my lighting in the studio. i am excited to give it a try. Great shot Matt!

this thing put sout amazing results from what i've seen. im considering picking one up after i get my 30d and a few nice lenses :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back