AlienBee sync cord problem?

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am ordering 3 B800's so that means I am going to have three sync cords going to my camera. How do I combine all of these sync cords into one that will plug into my camera?

Don't they have a photocell on them so that when one flashes, the others flash? that way you just sync up to one.

From their site

Don’t be bothered with excessive wiring.
The B800 has a built-in slave tripper, disconnected by plugging in the sync cord, to allow wireless firing where the unit will fire whenever it “sees” a flash from another source.

ya slaves can screw my stuff up though. Slaves do have a slight delay and for what I am doing I cant have that.

what are slaves used for then? I would think any situation where you're using a slave flash would be a situation where its needed simultaneously...

slaves are used to trigger the flash units but a pc sync is more reliable and more accurate

slaves are used to trigger the flash units but a pc sync is more reliable and more accurate

no no i dont think you understand...what happens is the one strobe is hooked up to the camera with a pc sync cord. the other strobes are going to be triggered by that one corded strobe...simultaneously. that's pretty much you have to do it anyway (unless you got the radio trigger/receivers, which i've heard are actually very good...) and pc sync's are actually known for being unreliable, btw...they're consistent most of the time, but they can die on you at very inoportune times

ok i have been proven wrong. long live sync's lol

Most reactions

Back