Alison (NSFW!)

Well I'm glad no one can agree, because it lets me feel free to throw in my own completely different opinion :) Regarding the light, the light on her face seems cooler than the light on the rest of her body, and therefore I prefer the way the rest of her body is lit.

However, I am just a tiny bit unsettled by the mood of the photo. I was thinking it is because the daylight suggests that it is the middle of the day (I know, I'm brilliant) even though the outfit suggests more of an evening setting. But I know that can't be right either, because I've seen lots of photos with outfits like that in window light. Those photos have all seemed ... less contemporary in their backgrounds and surroundings. Here we have a plain wall and what might be a fairly modern pillow and comforter. Clearly, I don't know what I'm talking about, and I shouldn't even be posting this, but I feel like anything on the wall behind her, like a framed painting, would improve the photo. You could probably even edit one in. The bottom line is that somehow the light and the outfit and the setting don't quite mesh perfectly in my (evidently troubled) mind.

I don't even know what to say to this lol I got a little bit of a laugh out of it but I understand what you are saying. Would a more dimly lit setting appeal more to the mood of the photograph do you think?

xfloggingkylex said:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Whats wrong with being sexy (best spinal tap voice)? in the middle of the day?

I myself try to do it whenever I can :lmao:

:lol: Indeed.

My first thing is the pillow at her feet. It's driving me nuts that it's just sorta of 'there'. I think it should be in the shot or be out. Not both.

I very much agree with the lighting not suiting the mood.
Darker and more dramatic lighting would feel more erotic and sexy.
Golden hour sunlight does WONDERS for skin tones. It's when I do all my self portraits :)

you're a very very lucky guy!! very SEXY!! PLEASE POST MORE!

Here's a shock... I'm going to come down on the side of the "Needs a tiny bit of fill light on the face. I'm reasonably sure you didn't have a light with a snoot, but it would have been nice. Alas in the real world there is never a snoot light handy. That however does not change the fact that the should have have benefitted from it.

I do like the shot though.

Too keep this really basic, you have a model with a great face but this pose emphasizes body problems with too many bones showing.

A different pose with different lighting is necessary that is more flattering and de-emphasizes the bones.

skieur

Most reactions

Back