AlisonS almost to...

core_17 said:
What is the key to life, Ali?

Enjoy it. Don't let life just pass you by, have goals and dreams and work toward them. If you realize that you've traveled down the wrong path don't be afraid to admit it and make things right.

ferny said:
Ahh! Do bears s*** in the woods if no-one if watching and a tree falls on a badger?

My understanding of the situation is that the bear starts to go, gets frightened by the squished badger, is unable to finish and ends up consiipated for a week . That's the version I heard anyway :scratch:

You're a fifth-century Greek city-state growing increasingly concerned over repeated Persian incursions into the central Peloponnesian peninsula. How many hoplites can you dispatch to Thermopylae without jeopardizing the triremes commanded by Themistocles for the naval engagement at Artemisium? Show your work.

(This question comes from the hilarious America the Book)

Unimaxium said:
You're a fifth-century Greek city-state growing increasingly concerned over repeated Persian incursions into the central Peloponnesian peninsula. How many hoplites can you dispatch to Thermopylae without jeopardizing the triremes commanded by Themistocles for the naval engagement at Artemisium? Show your work.

(This question comes from the hilarious America the Book)

The answer is 42. I would show my work but it involved several reams of paper and the scanner is down.

Besides, everyone knows that 42 is the answer to everything in the universe :wink:

Good lord!! Take a day off and see four pages of spam waiting for me. :D I guess since I'm involved in some of these, I'll just answer them all at the same time. Ferny, I'm not even going to answer that about the unplugging....it may just end up as one of your new signature lines. Corry, it's a shrimp from Finding Nemo and she likes the pinching from the claws. I only get the rubber bands on special nights. :D :eyebrows:

Congrats....early....but congrats on the spammer of the family. :D

So here's a question....If you were facing backwards, standing in the back of a truck going 30 MPH and threw a baseball 30 MPH at the same time you pass a person standing on the side of the road, would it look like the base ball was levitating in the air, or would it drop at the regular speed?

hobbes28 said:
So here's a question....If you were facing backwards, standing in the back of a truck going 30 MPH and threw a baseball 30 MPH at the same time you pass a person standing on the side of the road, would it look like the base ball was levitating in the air, or would it drop at the regular speed?

I would imagine that the person would have a difficult time telling as they were just struck in the head by a baseball going 30mph.

to expound further on hobbes's question...

if you were in a train going the speed of light, and you moved from the back car to the front car, would you be going faster than the speed of light?

md

MDowdey said:
to expound further on hobbes's question...

if you were in a train going the speed of light, and you moved from the back car to the front car, would you be going faster than the speed of light?

md

Are we talking train like the Polar Express? Becasue that train had to be traveling that fast to get to the North Pole and back all in one night. If so, I would not move from the dining car where the waiters were dancing and singing and serving hot chocolate.

hobbes28 said:
Ferny, I'm not even going to answer that about the unplugging....it may just end up as one of your new signature lines.

Now, I can see how you would think that. But the intent was all honest, honestly. I was referring to her computer so she wouldn't post so often.

Perhaps my mind isn't as dirty as the other users here.

:p

core_17 said:
Next question!

Does your brain hurt from unimaxum, hobbes, and MD's questions? Mine does.

Well, no because I got about 2 hours of sleep last night so my brain is sort of numb. That is the joy of having 2 adults and a 5 and 3 year old child all in one queen sized bed. Oh, and did I mention that Christopher sleeps sideways? And that they each brought their suffed dogs and spiderman blankets with them? Not sure why they came into our room at 1am, but once Christopher was there Lucas woke up alone and wanted to snuggle too I guess. On a good note, I know that there probably aren't too many days left that a good cuddle with Mom will solve all the problems in the world so I'm not complaining. So, after some coffee this morning I am slowing waking up :mrgreen:

ferny said:
Perhaps my mind isn't as dirty as the other users here.

:p

Okay, now that is the funniest thing in this whole thread :lmao:

Most reactions

Back