All Alone

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by vonDrehle, Jul 6, 2005.

1. vonDrehle

vonDrehle TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took this shot a while back and thought I could get some opinions/suggestions. This was out at our lake house on a pretty good day. I thought the bench had a real lonely feel to it. (More so in the last one)

Shot with my Canon EOS Elan 7ne
    400 Film
    Can't remember any of the specs.

[​IMG]

Larger Better Quality Here ( http://www.deviantart.com/view/19224834/ )

I like this one the best, but I would like opinions on the original (http://www.deviantart.com/view/19199310/)

2. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

The colours are rich and you have really shown the ageing in the bench. The crop works well, some might say you should have included the whole bench - i nearly did but on second thought it's perfect the way it is.

3. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

I feel like it's cropped way too tightly. There's nothing that really stands out as the subject. I like the monochrome version on dA, but I wish it wasn't cropped so tightly.

4. vonDrehle

vonDrehle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. I would post an un-cropped version, but there isn't such a thing. :mrgreen: ThatÂ’s the original picture. I like to get in close to things to give them different perspective.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, I am with spiralout here and say: I do miss the back of the bench and a bit of surroundings to really show the "lonely" feeling that you were going for in this photo. Tightly cropped as it is, you might as well have photographed a bench in a busy surroundings, only suggesting it looked lonely.

Detail and mostly so colours are just great! The texture of the wood stands out. That is really good.