All eyes on Torino, Italy!!!!!!!!!!

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Incredible opening ceremonies!!! Of course we are rooting for the U.S Ski Team. Jackson's own Resi (pronounced Rac-ee for the next two weeks) Steigler will be competing in the Slalom and Downhill. Her pop is Olympic Gold Medalist Pepi Steigler, so she is in good hands. Oh yeah, then there is BODIE MILLER!!!!!!!!

Let us get a big up for your favorite team and country. They are going to need it. Talk about pressure.

PEACE

I caught a bit of the opening ceremonies, the best part was the Ferrari :)

Canada is up like a million nothing in women's hockey against Italy already! We are gonna clean up this year...I hope.

Our local hero is Chad Hedrick, speed skater. Hopefully it will be a great Olympics for him!

I loved all the '80s pop music playing while the countries walked in. :lol:

And I always love the torch lighting although nothing is going to top Barcelona for me. Well... ok. Sydney and Barcelona. Both were awesome!

craig said:
That's the spirit folks!!! I was wondering what they were thinking when they decided to choreograph the ceremonies to 8o's pop.

I also questioned the 80s music, what were they thinking? The Ferrari was cool!

We allready have a gold Woohoo!!!! :wav:

Eric

Go Torah Bright! and the Aussie Team! I think we are going to do okay, seeing as we barely have snow here.

Unimaxium said:
That was a nice opening ceremony. I liked all the pyrotechnics when the torch was lit.

Barcelona... was that the one where the guy shot the flaming arrow into the cauldron? That one was awesome.

Yes that was Barcelona and it was AWESOME. Sydney had the water and fire and it was great too.

And Yay Chad Hedrick (Houstonian) nabs his first Gold medal.

"We" have also scored Gold twice by now... erm... yes. Well.

Didnt he shoot over the cauldron in Barcelona? The flame was lit anyways, but i think i remember something like that, im not too sure though.
Im wont be folowing the Olypics, never do. Im just not interested in it. But i do hope the Netherlands will bring in some medals. There is a silver one in skating, so its a start :)

Usually don’t like opening ceremonies but I did this one, except for the Ferrari seem out of place sorry Eric

Aoide ‘80s pop is now considered to be classic music, your comment did remained me of the Atlanta game I when to some events (men’s & woman’s basketball, baseball, & rowing) felt music played at the events was very un-Olympic just the typical American style sports background stuff

I do agree that the '80s music has become typical sports background and has obviously spread around the world.

And doenoe yes he shot it over the cauldron. In, over, it was all cool.

Most reactions

Back