All for £10

If anyone is interested i was using hyperfocus, camera set to about f8-f11 @ 10 feet and shoot away no focusing

Actually, I think if it were going to be tilted, for the dubious reason stated, then it should have been tilted in the other direction.

Tilt fail.

I wish people would stop with the "xxx fail" thing. Everyone thinks it's super funny... and it is when it's in a meme, but when it's directed right at someone it's really harsh and obnoxious.

Comment fail.

If anyone is interested i was using hyperfocus, camera set to about f8-f11 @ 10 feet and shoot away no focusing

I had wondered if this was the case. This method of calculating the correct exposure and focus is what I use with my Voigtländer and find it very reliable....and quick!

Damn you!

I thought you were selling your Leica M4 + 40F1.4 Voigtlander....[h=2]All for £10[/h]

Bruce Gilden does not correct tilt

Bruce Gilden had an an eye for composition. If he tilted the frame in some of his shots it was because he saw the superior image available, and did what he had to do in order to make the shot. If you wish to emulate someone, that is fine. Lame, perhaps, but fine.

Your rather weak attempt here is nothing at all what Bruce Gilden would have done with the scene, so why would you feel the need to use the work of another photographer to bolster your own? Your work should stand on its own without naming somebody else with which to excuse your technique.

Bruce Gilden does not correct tilt

Bruce Gilden had an an eye for composition. If he tilted the frame in some of his shots it was because he saw the superior image available, and did what he had to do in order to make the shot. If you wish to emulate someone, that is fine. Lame, perhaps, but fine.

Your rather weak attempt here is nothing at all what Bruce Gilden would have done with the scene, so why would you feel the need to use the work of another photographer to bolster your own? Your work should stand on its own without naming somebody else with which to excuse your technique.

I don't think comments like this enhance the discussion. None of us can "know" the intent of the photographer when he presses the shutter - only the result.
If someone develops a style that is evident in the consistency of his/her body of work, then those assumptions "may" be more appropriate.

Until then, a great shot (or a bad one) can be as much the result of an accident as careful preparation. So judge the photo, not the photographer.

(I'm speaking here of forum posts, not Bruce Gilden - just to be clear. ;) )

Designer said:

If you know about Bruce Gilden you would know he would not shoot this sort of shot

gsgary said:
If you know about Bruce Gilden you would know he would not shoot this sort of shot

You are right, he'd be running up to people on the streets or NY with his Leica/slow flash sync combo harassing the elderly and being a tool in general.

gsgary said:

You are right, he'd be running up to people on the streets or NY with his Leica/slow flash sync combo harassing the elderly and being a tool in general.

And makings loads of money + shooting for the world famous Magnum agency :lol:

He gets interesting results.

gsgary said:

For making "loads of money," he must try really hard to maintain that homeless look.

gsgary said:

For making "loads of money," he must try really hard to maintain that homeless look.

You have not met many artist then, most of them look like tramps, i used to live in the artist capitol of the UK StIves Cornwall and most of the top artists are not that bothered about how they look or what people think

Most reactions

New Topics

Back