All I can say is WOW.

Petapixel seems to have gotten some of a story wrong - again. Well, not completely, but they seem to rewrite information apparently to get followers more than to present accurate information.

Here's a BBC article about what happened.
Southend tourists wrongly accused of being paedophiles - BBC News

I read too that one woman took one of the men's phones - not what PP has in their rewritten article (which said they detained the men and 'took their phones'). After the confrontation one of the women posted about it on Facebook and it spread from there.

I swear, my background in journalism (which goes back to high school) is more than that of the self proclaimed editor of PP. (Yeah, I looked him up, apparently he has a background in marketing, not journalism.)

At the park with my young niece I noticed a dad taking a pic of his son with a phone and one of the mums in the background picked up her offspring and ran out of shot with the words " you have to be careful where you point that thing" . I assume she meant the phone.
What did she think was going to happen? The phone may have been a disguised flame thrower ????
Never underestimate the power of feeling that being a victim bestows on some people.

Petapixel seems to have gotten some of a story wrong - again. Well, not completely, but they seem to rewrite information apparently to get followers more than to present accurate information.

Here's a BBC article about what happened.
Southend tourists wrongly accused of being paedophiles - BBC News

I read too that one woman took one of the men's phones - not what PP has in their rewritten article (which said they detained the men and 'took their phones'). After the confrontation one of the women posted about it on Facebook and it spread from there.

I swear, my background in journalism (which goes back to high school) is more than that of the self proclaimed editor of PP. (Yeah, I looked him up, apparently he has a background in marketing, not journalism.)
I'm not so sure in this case. Several other sources had a very similar story including the cell phone part. BBC may have downplayed the story. Probably never know the full truth.

Apparently ms "I broke up a pedophile ring" Facebook poster had gone into Facebook seclusion.

Especially in the UK if I understand their laws correctly.
We don't suit here like in the US

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You guys are bigger fans of tweed than we are.
You can even Northern Soul dance in Tweed
Image00072-XL.jpg

Well next time we are over there I will have to make sure to bring my dear stalker with me.

Apparently ms "I broke up a pedophile ring" Facebook poster had gone into Facebook seclusion.

Hello Maam. I'm agent Johnson, this is special agent Johnson.. we're with the FBBI - the FaceBook Bureau of Investigations. We're here to place you into the false witness protection program.. you'll need to come with us...

I'm betting that Greece and the Greek islands are no longer on her Holiday destination list. They take Holidays over there, we take vacations. I much prefer the word holiday over vacation. Sounds more fun and less like a trip to see Wally World.

Lady is worried about this in public? Maybe she should check for sex offenders online, she may be surprised a few sick puppies live in her neighborhood where she lets her kids run wild and unattended.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I worked on the construction of 2 new prisons and a prison officer told me they were really housing peido's at seaside resorts, they are laughing all the way to the bank ( English saying)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I think that if I was going to take pictures anywhere where there were children, I would seek out the adults, show them my photo id, give them my business cards and ask permission to take photos. Then if just one refused, I'd pack up and leave. Not worth the risk of being attacked - physically or otherwise.
These days I just avoid the situation if I can, and stick to landscapes and inanimate objects . But sometimes if you're even just snapping holiday shots, like my son is doing at the moment in Disneyworld, Florida, you just can't help getting other people and their kids in the shots. It's a problem, to be sure.

Most reactions

Back