All of them were crappy but this one has hope...

capturedinfocus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
telephonepole.jpg

It was odd. The sky was a purplish blue, and the digital camera ended up translating that to grey tones making it look like there's a dense fog. The moon in the background is what really makes this picture, I think.

and that marks my first post! i forgot to introduce myself... i'm jeff...or andrew, whichever. 20 years old. indianapolis, indiana. amateur photographer hoping for professional status after i get better equipment.

Cool Shot, sounds like an AWB error. What kind of camera did you use? I know the AWB on Canon's seem to have probs with color tones and light conditions like this.

capturedinfocus said:
and that marks my first post! i forgot to introduce myself... i'm jeff...or andrew, whichever. 20 years old. indianapolis, indiana. amateur photographer hoping for professional status after i get better equipment.
Ah but alas the equipment does not make the man! Trust me, I know a few "Professionals" who only have alot of gadgets and not much craft. Besides nobody is going to simply buy a photo based on your gear, work on getting great shots and you will get there!

Welcome to the forum!

i'm trying. i really really really need some better equipment though. i can't handle this peashooter. ...and i don't even have a freaking tripod! haha...

capturedinfocus said:
I was using a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P10 5 MegaPixel...
OK I was just saying that I think the auto white balance could be to blame, but I think it looks cool anyway
capturedinfocus said:
handheld, if that makes any difference.
No, not really. Pretty clear for low light hand held shot though. Good job!

capturedinfocus said:
i'm trying. i really really really need some better equipment though. i can't handle this peashooter. ...and i don't even have a freaking tripod! haha...
Ah yes, you have long road ahead grasshopper! It's better than a simple P+S though! At least you still have some manual controls on it.

Canon Fan said:
capturedinfocus said:
Ah but alas the equipment does not make the man! Trust me, I know a few "Professionals" who only have alot of gadgets and not much craft. Besides nobody is going to simply buy a photo based on your gear, work on getting great shots and you will get there!

Welcome to the forum!

AMEN! Well said!

Cool perspective. If you can't get em' outta our shot, make em' your subject.

i'm jeff...or andrew, whichever.

OK, I understand Mike or Michael, Nick or Nicholas, Tom or Thomas, but Jeff or Andrew? Little bit of mutiple personality identity crisis kinda thing? :p

Welcome aboard..........who ever you are :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back