All that remains

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went back to one of my favorite cemeteries on the weekend. St James Cemetery, in downtown Toronto. It is full of history, and some really unique gravestones. I was acturally crow hunting...but......we know how that usually ends up.
This part of the cemetery is very secluded and on a bit of a hill. It is not patrolled and is known to have partiers there.
These are the results of vandals, destroying a hundred years of history. A lot of these stones date back to the early 1900's and late 1800's.

133_3331a.JPG

133_3329a.JPG

133_3332a.JPG

133_3330a.JPG

133_3328a.JPG

............oh yeah...this is the closest I got to a crow this weekend. I almost missed this, but it was the best I could do.

133_3346a.JPG

great series Chiller, shows a side we hate to admit exists. i see a lot of these as well around here. these memorials are so old that todays families probably don't know they exist. thanks for sharing!

as each graveyard visit passes my hatred for crows grows and grows...your last pic is probably of a crow i had just thrown a rock at :lmao:

Great images. They have a huge sense of drama to them, probably because it's a cemetary and they're done in B&W...I like the first and third one. Really great job!

Those darn crows. :p I see them everywhere around here. And they won't shut up! :grumpy:

I like the second and the third ones.
The second mostly for the color isolation and contrast,
and the third one because of the gravestones and crosses to be laying down in a forgotten graveyard makes a photo statement IMO. Like dying twice to the world or such....haha I'm reading to much into it, but still, nice photos. :]

Thanks for the comments. Ya know Jon...I am sure there is only ONE crow...and we can not get it.
Thanks Armstror....can you get us a pic of that crow.?
Thanks Gunderground. It is true what you are saying. I was at this cemetery two weeks ago...crow hunting..and some of these stones were upright. It is sad that these families will never know the disrespect that has been cast on them. They will be just left there to break away now.

Thanks Armstror....can you get us a pic of that crow.?
I've noticed that you've been having trouble with crow pictures in your other posts and it makes me wonder what's so significant about them? I can give it a try though. Maybe not in a graveyard but i'll still give it a try. There was one i seen on Friday when i was walking home that looked almost as if it were chasing this little bird. Do crows do that? Anyway.. I've tried taking pictures of animals before, it's pretty hard so i can understand your prediciment.

Sad about the gravestones... but the pics are nicely done! As for the crows... after I saw my husband riding the back of one of them, I never thought of them the same way again. :biglaugh:

i'm with ya linda...things that make you go...blluugghhh........!!! (think of ron white..thankyouverymuch...!!) crows never have had the appeal as before...he is the crow whisper...have i told you that yet?? chiller is just "the crow"....

armstror....they just have a had time winning against crows..its now a guy thing..its photographer against nature....ok..maybe just dudes against crows... but hey, sounds better the other way.....its a contest of wills..kinda....i keep hoping to one up them, and put a killer shot on here, and win all the glory...(right, dont hold your breath!!)

and chiller, as sad as these are...so very touching..great photos...you did a great job...your very good...and i've got to see you on a back of a crow...how bout it??? can you wrangle one??

:lol: Thanks JonMikals wife and Aprilraven. I still have to wrestle a crow yet, before I can take it for a spin. Jon seemed to have tamed one faster then I did. :lol:

These are sad, but have such a true meaning to them. It is like the stories we hate to hear, but they happen. Too bad this type of destruction exists. How would these people feel if it were their family.

Great series Chiller. Congrats on the monthly theme AGAIN. I like the first pic the best. It seem none of can get a @#$*& shot worth crowing about.

Thank you everybody for your comments and replies.
Canoncan...I think we almost have everybody on the forum going after these &*%$# crows now. Thanks for the congrats too.

You know, if schools would just spend 15 minutes each day teaching our children the simple concept of respect for others and things... the world would be so much better off.. I know thats a job for parents, but we all know so many parents don't understand this concept at all.. so why not teach everyone?

Its great so see photos that make us think! Thanks Chiller!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back