all things green! 3 for C+C, please =)

docphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, just a bunch of close ups I have for C+C... I'd really like to get a macro lens but this is the best I can do for now!

1)
3714548945_6314c13604_b.jpg

2)

3949214303_253d5f5fc6_b.jpg

3)

3950052860_f49935970f_b.jpg

#1 has noticeable noise and is soft in some parts. 2 is soft as well. 3 is just boring; I keep trying to find a subject and perspective but find neither. Although you could argue it has a subject, it lacks perspective, making the subject boring and uninteresting.

#1 has noticeable noise and is soft in some parts. 2 is soft as well. 3 is just boring; I keep trying to find a subject and perspective but find neither. Although you could argue it has a subject, it lacks perspective, making the subject boring and uninteresting.

thanks for your input! I'll have to disagree with you about the noise in #1, I don't think I see any. Also, it was meant to be softer in the periphery and only be sharp in the center where the light is shining.

I'm just wondering, what do you mean by "perspective" in #3? I thought the subject was clearly supposed to be the leaf with the rain droplets on them. Maybe I should crop out the other leaf going perpendicularly?

perhaps? hahah it kind of looks like a heart

4024273011_5cc56e6db1_o.jpg

What I meant by perspective is how you view the subject. It's clear that the leaf was the subject but the way that you portrayed the leaf was not interesting to me. I like it better cropped. The perspective of the subject changed. Before it was just another leaf, now it is more interesting because it stands out by itself.

In the original shot, if the leaf were different in some way (discolored, withered, had a bug on it . . . anything!) then it would have been way more interesting.

Sorry . . . I suck at explaining things. lol

Most reactions

Back